Vehicle blueprints are special items that provide a discount to the research cost of Tier II–X vehicles research. Each blueprint consists of fragments obtainable exclusively in Rewards for Merit that will drop with a certain probability when playing Tier V–X vehicles. Each blueprint fragment provides a certain percentage discount to research, and with a fully assembled blueprint you can research the vehicle without spending any experience at all.
All actions with blueprints are available in the TECH TREE tab below the Battle! button in your Garage. To switch to the Blueprints mode, click in the upper-left part of the Tech Tree screen.
Blueprint Fragment Types
There are three types of blueprint fragment in the game:
Vehicle blueprint fragments that correspond to a specific vehicle and are applied automatically, immediately decreasing the vehicle's research cost.
National fragments that are used to create blueprint fragments for vehicles of a particular nation.
Universal fragments that are used to create blueprint fragments for vehicles of any nation.
National and universal fragments will not provide discounts until they are converted to a particular vehicle blueprint fragment.
To do this, you will need a certain number of fragments of each type:
- Tier II–IV: 1 national + 4 universal
- Tier V–VI: 2 national + 6 universal
- Tier VII: 3 national + 8 universal
- Tier VIII: 3 national + 10 universal
- Tier IX: 3 national + 12 universal
- Tier X: 4 national + 12 universal
Blueprint fragments of all types are stored in the Depot, in the Blueprints of Unresearched Vehicles section.
Fragments of vehicles available for research are marked with a special icon .
To view only the blueprints for which you can create additional fragments, select Available for creating a fragment.
Assembling a Blueprint
If you have enough national and universal fragments, use them to create the missing fragments of a vehicle blueprint.
To create a vehicle blueprint fragment:
- Go to the TECH TREE tab in your Garage and click in the upper-left part of the screen.
- Vehicles that you can create a blueprint fragment for are marked with a special icon . Select a vehicle and click Blueprint on its research screen.
- On the screen displayed, click any available slot for a blueprint fragment and click Create. The required number of national and universal fragments will be withdrawn.
If you have plenty of national and universal fragments, click Create Maximum in the lower-right part of the screen. The maximum possible number of fragments for the selected vehicle will be created.
Done! As soon as you have at least one blueprint fragment for the vehicle, the discount on research is provided. Vehicles with such discounts are marked with a special icon in the Tech Tree.
To follow the progress of blueprint assembly, switch to the Blueprints mode in your Tech Tree and hover over the image of a vehicle.
The tooltip displayed contains all the necessary information:
- The current state of the blueprint.
- The current research discount.
- Conversion rate: the number of national and universal fragments required to create a fragment for this vehicle.
Vehicle images in the Tech Tree have a special blue progress bar that fills progressively as you assemble the blueprint. All researched vehicles in the Tech Tree are marked with a icon.