With maximum number of 7 players per battle, a team must field a selection of tanks based on the below tier limits. Teams are also limited to a maximum total of 42 tier points.
- Heavy: 8
- Medium: 8
- Tank Destroyer: 8
- Light: 8
- Artillery: 8
Victory Conditions & Disqualifications
- The winner of each round will be determined as the first to 2 victories within 5 battles.
- If after 5 battles no team has achieved a victory, both teams will be disqualified.
- For each player under 7 that a team field in each battle, that team's tier limit is reduced by the amount. Example: A team fielding 6 players may only field 41 points worth of tanks, while a team fielding 5 players may only field 40 points.
- The qualifier will end at the semi-finals with 4 teams remaining. The 4 remaining teams will proceed to the finals in Moscow.
Note that it is the opposing team's responsibility to report tournament rule violations to firstname.lastname@example.org
The full schedule will be provided at the close of registration, once the final team count has been determined. Rounds will begin at 7:00PM PDT (10:00PM EST, 2:00AM UTC the following day) each scheduled day. Curious what time this is in your region? Use this handy Time Zone Converter to help you out!
All rounds will be played using the standard battle mode.
- Round 1: August 3rd - Ensk
- Round 2: August 4th - Himmelsdorf
- Round 3: August 5th - Ruinberg
- Round 4: August 6th - Steppes
- Round 5: August 7th - Prokhorovka
There will be a 5 minute break in between rounds. Each battle will last 10 minutes.
$77,000 prize pool
Qualifier Prize pools (on a per-team basis):
- 5th-8th place: 125,000
- 9th-16th place: 75,000
There will be multiple maps used during Ural Steel 2012. The maps played on will be Ensk, Himmelsdorf, Ruinberg, Steppes, Prokhorovka, Lakeville.