With all of the comings and goings on within the Wargaming Universe, we're not sure when you'll be able to find time to join the Public Test server but we hope you will!
How the Public Test Works
To participate in the test you need to do the following steps:
- Install a small launcher update found here (8.8 MB)
- Update World of Tanks via the launcher (5.6 GB)
- If you have already installed the Public Test game client the launcher will update it to the Public Test 8.7 third iteration automatically (16.3 MB)
Please, keep in mind certain features of the public test server:
- Payments are not accepted on the public test server.
- For the second iteration, all test accounts will receive a one-time credit of:
- 100,000,000 XP
- Progress won't be transferred to the main NA server.
- Credits and experience rates will not be increased for this test.
Scheduled Server Restarts
Changes From Public Test 8.7 #2 to 8.7 #3
- Reworked and optimized some special effects.
- Corrected some objects, which were indestructible during collision.
- Corrected and reworked some environmental objects’ visual models.
- Fixed the notification error during self-hit with an HE shell
- Fixed crew retraining error for the T-50-2 tank.
- Reworked the voiceover.
Changes From Public Test 8.7 #1 to 8.7 #2
- Fixed the T-50-2 tank conversion error. Now the equipment from T-50-2 transferred to the depot and the remaining modules (turret, suspension) are sold at the purchasing price
- Fixed some errors and mistakes on the “Belogorsk-19” and “Highway” maps
- Changed the icon in the Battle Score Panel for the Bishop SPG
- Changed the price for the E-25 Premium TD. Now it costs 6,700
- Switched off the Assault mode on the Westfield and Malinovka maps
- Corrected errors in the ‘Sniper’ and ‘Lucky’ achievements receiving description
- Fixed collision-models of some buildings and objects
Changes from Public v8.6 to v8.7 Test #1
- Added the new branch of SPGs for the British tech tree:
- Loyd Gun Carriage (tier II)
- Birch Gun (tier III)
- Sexton II (tier IV)
- Bishop (tier V)
- Crusader 5.5-in. SP (tier VI)
- FV304 (tier VII)
- FV208 (tier VIII)
- FV3805 (tier IX)
- Conqueror Gun Carriage (tier X)
- Added the new Soviet light tank MT-25 (tier VI) to replace the T-50-2 (full details for T-50-2 owners to be provided at update's release)
- Added a German Premium TD, the E-25 (tier VII), to the Store
- Rebalanced the T-50 tank (full list of changes to be provided at update's release)
- Added a new urban Soviet winter map, Belogorsk-19
- Reworked Highway and Port maps for the new rendering system
- Added changes to the Assault mode on Malinovka
- Reworked a few graphical effects
- Fixed several destructible objects which had significantly slowed down the speed of the tank
- Fixed and improved visual models of some environmental objects
- Fixed minor issues with the team balancing system that appeared in the 8.6 update
- Extended the list of names and surnames of crew members of all nations
- The voice message "We've got them!" has been replaced with "Armor is penetrated!"