Update 1.0.2 is almost here! Start your countdown to June 13 and join us as we revisit what’s in store.
World of Tanks servers will be down June 13 from 01:00 PT | 03:00 CT | 04:00 PT to 07:30 PT | 09:30 CT | 10:30 ET.
Current Premium players will be credited an additional 24 hours of Premium Account time to make up for the maintenance period. If you’d like to make any in-game purchases, please wait until the servers are up and running again.
Click the following images for more details on each feature.
Soviet Tier X Additions
Earlier this year, the topic making the rounds was the Soviet Tech Tree revision. With the Object 430 moving to Tier IX and the 430U taking the Tier X position and the introduction of the Tier IX Object 257, it left two empty Tier X slots. Now, it’s time for these two new Soviet Tier X tanks to make their debuts:
The Rear-Turreted MT Line — K-91: Leading from the Object 430 Variant II, the K-91 has a small silhouette, boasts sharpshooting accuracy and super shell velocity amongst many others. However, this Tier X has no real armor and doesn’t have great alpha damage.
The HT Mini-Line — Object 277: Following in the footsteps of the T-10, the Object 277 boasts an aggressive nature and great protection combined with higher DPM, alpha, and penetration. But be careful, both the Commander’s hatch and lower armor plate are vulnerable and it doesn’t boast great all-round armor like its other heavy Soviet counterparts.
Object 268 v4 and Object 430 II
As one of the most often talked about topics by you, the community, we are addressing the stats of the Soviet Tier X tank destroyer, the Object 268 Version 4.
Three elements of the tank have been adjusted:
The Gun: We have made adjustments so that the playstyle is not just to peek from the bushes, but is better suited to short- to mid-ranged combat.
The Survivability: A decrease in HP was needed and armor changes mean that lower-tier or tanks with low penetration have a higher chance to do some damage.
The Mobility: We wanted to make sure that the tank destroyer was still mobile but didn’t encroach on the role of a medium.
Also, the Object 430 II has seen some changes to make it a more natural progression from its Tier VIII counterpart, the Object 416, and follows its characteristics, such as high DPM and good mobility.
Guided by your feedback and battle stats, we made a collection of changes to address issues of inconsistency and the sentiment that Fjords and Erlenberg weren’t “fun.” Along with these, level design changes were made to Malinovka and Mountain Pass.
Improved Onboarding Experience
With Update 1.0.2 comes Advanced Training which adds to the current Boot Camp experience. The new set of missions will explain a whole heap of things vital to the game.
In addition to this, there will be a smoother experience for all players with a collection of guides in-game. These will explain key elements of World of Tanks from penetration through to spotting and much more.
Customization for Tiers VI and VIII
We improved the customization system with the latest update. Feedback stated that it was hard to imagine how the vehicle would look in the game when applying paint. The appearance of the new Garage should fix this problem as lighting has been set so the colors appear as they should in battle. We also reworked the interface for the customization menu to streamline the process.
Customization will be available for Tier VI, VIII, and X vehicles.
Full List of ChangesExpand
- Bootcamp has been significantly improved. A set of combat and Garage missions have been added.
- After completing Bootcamp, the missions are available to new players who have fought less than 1,000 battles and do not have any vehicles Tier VI and higher. Players learn important basic game mechanics and, upon completing the missions, earn useful items.
- The missions comprises three sets:
- Completion of Bootcamp
- Road to Glory
After completing all sets, the player gets a token to exchange for any Tier VI non-Premium vehicle, even if the player has not researched it.
4. Introduces Training Center to help new players learn game basics.
- All topics are sorted by categories and presented as files containing images and brief descriptions.
- To access the Training Center, at the Game Menu, press ESC.
- Training Center consists of the following sections:
5. Map Revisions: Several issues regarding specific map locations have been fixed, as some passages to areas not intended for playing have been removed. These include:
- Sand River
6. Map Balance Improvements:
- Mountain Pass
7. The Klondike map is re-worked in HD, added for Grand Battles only, and is intended only for the Standard Battle type.
8. Vehicle Exterior Customization:
- If a player wants to change the vehicle exterior, the vehicle is now transferred to a special customization area in the Garage.
- Styles are now applicable to Tier VI and VIII vehicles, and not only Premiums.
- The Exterior window interface has been improved.
9. Some changes to the Garage Interface and the introduction of new sounds.
10. Changes when launching the game via WGC:
- The WoT launch script has been improved, so players get to Garage as fast as possible.
- The current login screen has been reworked to reduce the amount of information a player needs to enter when launching the game. Players can now select the server via the game settings in order to meet their interests (clan battles, tournaments, etc.).
Changes to Vehicle Technical Characteristics
1. The following vehicles have been added to the U.S.S.R. nation:
- Object 277
2. The following vehicles were added for Supertest players:
- T-34 Shielded (U.S.S.R.)
- Sherman VC Firefly (U.K.)
- 50TP prototyp (Poland)
- T26E3 Eagle 7 (U.S.A.)
3. Changes to Object 268 Version 4:
- Added a new armor group to the vehicle hull
- Increased dispersion on the suspension during movement by 33%
- Increased dispersion on hull traverse by 33%
- Changed the traverse speed of the suspension from 23 to 22 deg/s
- Increased dispersion on the 152 mm M-53S gun traverse by 20%
- Changed the aiming time of the 152 mm M-53S gun from 2 to 2.5 s.
- Changed the gun traverse speed from 30 to 28 deg/s
- Decreased hull armor
- Changed the top speed from 55 to 50 km/h
- Changed the rear speed from 22 to 18 km/h
- Changed the engine power from 1,500 to 1,350 hp
- Changed the vehicle durability from 2,100 to 2,000 HP
4. Changes to Object 430 Version II:
- Replaced the 100 mm D-54 gun with the 100 mm D-54U gun.
- Decreased dispersion during movement of the enhanced suspension by 14%.
- Decreased dispersion on hull traverseof the enhanced suspension by 14%.
- Changed dispersion of the 100 mm D-54U gun for the enhanced turret from 0.38 to 0.35 m.
- Changed the reload time of the 100 mm D-54U gun for the enhanced turret from 8 to 7.5 s.
- Changed the aiming time of the 100 mm D-54U gun for the enhanced turret from 2.9 to 2 s.
- Decreased dispersion on turret traverse of the 100 mm D-54U gun for the enhanced turret by 25%.
- Decreased dispersion after firing the 100 mm D-54U gun for the enhanced turret by 13%.
- Changed penetration of the UBR-412B shell for the 100 mm D-54U gun from 219 to 246 mm.
- Changed the vehicle view range of the enhanced turret from 390 to 400 m.
- Decreased hull and turret armor.
- Changed vehicle durability of the turret from 1,600 to 1,500 HP.
- Changed vehicle durability of the enhanced turret from 1,700 to 1,600 HP.
5. Object 277 technical characteristic changes according to the results of Common Test 2:
- Changed the turret traverse speed from 26 to 27 deg/s.
- Changed dispersion from 0.35 to 0.38 m.
- Changed reload time from 11.5 to 12.5 s.
- Changed aiming time from 2.5 to 2.7 s.
- Replaced the 3BM (experimental) AP shell with the 3VBK HEAT shell (penetration: 340 mm).
- Increased concealment by 20%.
- Changed the positions of ammo rack and fuel tanks.
6. K-91 technical characteristic changes according to the results of Common Test 2:
- Changed the durability from 1,800 to 1,950 HP.
- Changed the turret traverse sector from 180 to 220 degrees (from 90 to 110 degrees on each side).
- Increased the engine power to 860 h.p.
- Changed reload time from 6.5 to 6.3 s.
- Changed the depression angle of the 100 mm D-46T gun (on vehicle sides) from -5 to -9 degrees.
7. Fixed the following issues:
- Removed an invisible obstacle on the Tundra map.
- Fixed the issue of earning Mastery Badges on the Centurion Mk. 5/1 RAAC.
- Fixed the issue that prevented players from purchasing camouflage when using low-screen resolutions.
- Battle events and in-battle notifications settings (text) are displayed in the same way.
- Improved display of camouflage applied to the Object 705.
- Mannerheim Line and Fjords maps: Removed some passages to areas not intended for playing and areas where players could get stuck.
- Improved quality of some objects on maps.
8. Fixed the following known issues:
- The issue related to improper display position of Marks of Excellence on the 8,8 cm Flak 41 L/74 mounted on the Pz.Sfl. IVc tank destroyer.
- The vehicle panel does not get locked upon confirming readiness in Special Battles.
- Crew members can be retrained to special vehicles that are currently not available in the game.
- No protection from spam-clicking on the minimap.
- Equipment tooltips do not display dynamic technical characteristics.
- Vehicle type icons in the vehicle panels do not change their color dynamically, when selecting the Colorblind mode in battle.
- Disabled "free" crew retraining to vehicles of the same type.
- When a player destroys a vehicle by overturning it, this vehicle is not counted towards the total number of vehicles the player destroyed.
- A vehicle with mounted standard and Improved equipment cannot be sold.
- The recruiter's Recruiting Office does not display the recruits and reservists they invited — if the recruiter's account is restored to a state, before the moment when recruits accepted the invitation.
- Mismatch the Personal Missions descriptions (for Platoons) in battle (upon pressing TAB), Battle Results, and congratulation window.
- The Recruit button is displayed in the congratulation window, though a female crew member has already been recruited.
- The badge about base capture is displayed before the indicated number of points is accumulated.
- The order of events for received damage is sometimes mixed up in the damage log.
- The text of Mission conditions is not displayed in the congratulation window, provided the required vehicle type is specified in the Mission conditions.
- In some cases, the sound and effect of receiving damage are missing.
- Upon clicking Paint the Whole Vehicle, paint is not applied to the entire vehicle in case of some tank destroyers and SPGs.
- When changing a shell type while reloading a magazine, shells in the magazine are displayed as already loaded.
- When a spotted enemy vehicle gets stunned, it is no longer visible, and the stunned player uses a First Aid Kit, while still unspotted, then the stun indicator is still displayed above this vehicle to its opponents when spotted again.
- When a vehicle is destroyed, the log disappears, provided the player has not enabled the "Show in Postmortem mode vehicle that destroyed your vehicle" option.
- The amount of damage received by the shot that destroyed a player's vehicle is not displayed in the log.