We hope you’re excited about Holiday Ops 2023! If you're looking to add more fun and magic to our festive event, unwrap our Large Boxes containing cool presents—you may even unwrap new 3D styles or brand-new Premium tanks! Read on for more details.
Large Boxes: What’s Inside?
All Large Boxes will always guarantee 250 as a default gift. As a bonus with each Large Box, you will also get 150 random Holiday Ops resources, plus 50 additional resources—which one depends on the Box’s type.
There’s no way you can lose out—all the goods you get are worth more than the box!
Rock Crystal and Pure Emerald are used to upgrade the Festive Atmosphere Level, while Warm Amber and Meteoric Iron are needed to complete the Guests’ and Redshire Cat’s Assignments. Keep reading for more details.
In addition to the resources and gold, which will never change, a Box will also drop a surprise item from the list below:
- 1, 3, or 7 days of WoT Premium Account
- 250, 500 or 1,000 (on top of the default 250)
- 100,000 or 500,000.
- A Tier VIII or IX Premium tank
- A Tier II–V Premium vehicle
- A brand-new 3D style, exclusive to a set of selected Tier IX and X vehicles
- A 3D style from last year’s Large Boxes
- Redshire Сat, a special festive character who provides you with additional Assignments to earn even more rewards
All Premium vehicles come with a free Garage slot.
Don't forget that if you're feeling generous, you can get your friends in the holiday spirit and make them happy by sending them Large Boxes as festive gifts!
For your convenience, we've prepared special festive bundles with Large Boxes of all festive types!
(one kind, depending on the Box’s type)
Redshire Сat's Assignments
Along with cool Premium tanks, amazing 3D styles, and other goodies, you may come across a fluffy but self-assured Redshire Cat. This is a unique Holiday Ops character that you can always see at Headquarters alongside our celebrities.
The Cat provides you with three additional Assignments. For each of them, you will receive one reward upon completion. Use Warm Amber and Meteoric Iron to fulfill them and get your hands on the following:
- 1 day of WoT Premium Account
- A funny decal
- A special cat-tastic style
Guaranteed Vehicle Mechanics
Large Boxes feature guaranteed vehicle mechanics. It’s simple: If you open 49 boxes but still have not received a Premium vehicle, then, with the 50th opening, you’re guaranteed to receive a random Premium Tier VIII or IX tank that you don’t own from the set list below.
There will be a special guaranteed vehicle counter in the game client on the Large Box opening screen. Each time you get a Tier VIII or IX Premium tank, this counter is reset, and the countdown to the next Tier VIII or IX vehicle drop starts over.
As soon as you have all the Tier VIII and IX vehicles from Large Boxes on your account, you will be compensated in gold for the value of each subsequent dropped tank according to the standard rules. A Garage slot will also be added.
Formidable Tanks for Your Collection
The most valuable and coveted gifts you might find inside Gift Large Boxes are the formidable Tier VIII and IX Premium tanks, including three brand-new vehicles. Each box may contain one Tier VIII or IX Premium tank from the following list:
- NEW! The M47 Iron Arnie: A multi-role Tier VIII American medium tank, and the undisputed star among our brand-new headliners! This is an improved version of the M47 Patton II tank, with an enhanced armament and armor, and is based on the same vehicle that Arnold Schwarzenegger owns! Additional protection is provided by metal screens on the turret and hull, and a 105 mm gun was installed for firepower. Its dynamics and aiming time are not the best at Tier VIII, but they are well made up for by the excellent 230 mm of armor penetration with a standard AP shell and outstanding frontal protection. The multi-role M47 Iron Arnie can play as a powerful assault tank on the most dangerous sectors of the front line and carry its team.
The M47 Iron Arnie comes with a special style that emanates celebrity vibes and will remind your opponents who the real battle star on the battlefield is!
- NEW! The BZ-176: A Chinese Tier VIII heavy tank, and a pioneer of the upcoming branch featuring the new jet booster mechanic. This slow but sturdy brawler has excellent armor characteristics, reaching 250 mm in the turret. Another feature of the BZ-176 is its 160 mm gun with good aiming time, and a damage per shot of 650 HP with a standard AP shell. Just beware of its very long reload time. The BZ-176 has a top speed of 30 km/h, but keep in mind that the jet booster mechanic increases the engine power and top forward speed, turning your vehicle into an unstoppable combat typhoon clearing everything in its path.
- NEW! The Char Mle. 75: A French Tier IX light tank, and a truly unique vehicle for your collection. This agile scout with skill-based gameplay features two speed modes: standard mode (the default one) and rapid mode (the fast one). It is armed with a 100 mm gun equipped with a six-shell autoloader. But the most interesting hallmark is that the gun fires bursts of several shells, not single shots. The burst includes three shells, each of which causes 200 HP of damage. The vehicle’s gameplay is based on the timely switching between the two speed modes.
- The Vipera: An Italian Tier VIII tank destroyer with a significant 400 HP of alpha damage and 220 mm of default penetration. It packs a powerful autoloader, firing five shells in 24 seconds, with an unconventional six-second delay between shots. Plenty of frontal armor, a semi-traversable turret, and -10 degrees of gun depression make this viper the ultimate hunter, allowing you to cause a quick 2,000 HP of damage.
- The AMBT: An American Tier VIII medium tank featuring a three-shell autoreloader. As the game’s first American autoreloader, the AMBT is a hybrid between single-shot and autoloading tanks. This, combined with its ricochet-friendly hull design, reliable turret, and appreciable gun depression, makes the AMBT a great tank for hull-down tactics. This gunslinger gives you the tools you need to become a unique support warrior in any battle!
However, you might receive one of these Tier II–V Premium vehicles instead. All of them are real historical projects:
- NEW! The A25 Harry Hopkins I: A Tier IV British light tank. This is a classic British light scout with a chassis from the Tetrarch I tank, plus a reinforced hull and an improved turret. Armed with a fast-firing 40 mm 2-pdr Gun Mk X-B HH, the A 25 Harry Hopkins I is great for all fans of an aggressive and assertive playstyle.
- NEW! The Pz.Kpfw. KW I (r): A Tier V German heavy tank. This is a captured KV-1 tank with a modernized turret and a German 7,5 cm Kw.K. 40 L/48. This tank retained the main features from the KV-1: decent all-around armor and good armament, but poor mobility. Unlike the KV-1, it has a better damage-to-rate of fire ratio—it causes less damage per shot but reloads faster. The Pz.Kpfw. KW I (r) also features a higher view range thanks to the commander’s cupola on the turret.
- NEW! The SU-2-122: A Tier V Soviet tank destroyer, and another one-of-a kind vehicle. This is the first double-barreled TD and the first double-barreled HE-based gameplay vehicle in the game. Externally, it is a chassis from a T-34 tank, on top of which is a cabin with two 122 mm howitzer guns. They can fire HE or HEAT rounds simultaneously or one after the other. For the opportunity to destroy a same-tier vehicle with one double shot, you will have to pay with poor accuracy and aiming time. The SU-2-122 also inherited decent mobility and mediocre hull armor from the T-34.
- The Pz.Kpfw. 38H 735 (f): A Tier II German light tank. During the French Campaign, Germany captured about 600 Hotchkiss 39 vehicles, which were modified and continued to serve in Wehrmacht units. World of Tanks veterans may remember that the "Minimaus" or "Hotchy" was once the most feared tank in Tier II battles. It is basically a Hotchkiss H35 with significantly better top speed, hit points, frontal armor, view range, and penetration. You may use it as a breakthrough tank or a durable sniper.
- The М3 Light: A Tier III Soviet light tank. This legendary vehicle was created in 1938–1941 based on the M2 and entered mass production in 1941. A total of 13,000 vehicles of different modifications were produced and supplied to almost all Allies under Lend-Lease. This vehicle features very good frontal armor for a light tank, immune to most guns. The М3 Light is an effective flanker, and it has a fast-firing gun but low penetration, so shooting at the sides of enemy tanks is a must.
Amazing 3D Styles for Tier IX and X Vehicles
You might also find another item instead: a brand-new 3D style* for one of the following Tier IX vehicles:
- Jupiter Fulgur for X Super Conqueror
- Sleipnir for X Strv 103B
- Asterius for X Controcarro 3 Minotauro
- Constellation for X Bat.-Châtillon 155 58
- Levante for IX Char Futur 4
- Super Conqueror
- Strv 103B
- Controcarro 3 Minotauro
- Char Futur 4
- FV4005 Stage II
- Vz. 55
- Object 268 Version 4
- XM551 Sheridan
There are a total of 11 unique 3D styles available this festive season—try to collect them all!
If you receive a vehicle that is already in your Garage, you will be compensated its full value in gold, no matter how many times it happens. A free Garage slot will also be added.
|Value in Gold
|M47 Iron Arnie
|Char Mle. 75
|Pz.Kpfw. 38H 735 (f)
|A25 Harry Hopkins I
|Pz.Kpfw. KW I (r)
All items dropped from opened Large Boxes will be displayed on a special screen in the game client so you can easily keep track of the gifts you have received.
If you still have unopened Large Boxes at the end of the event on your account, they will be opened automatically. Once the event ends, any Large Boxes that you sent as gifts but were not opened by their recipients will return to your account and be opened automatically.
Enjoy Large Boxes and celebrate the holidays with us!