We're launching the first Common Test of Update 1.12!
In this update, we're going to continue rebalancing and improving the battle performance of four Tier VIII Premium vehicles. We’re also revamping some of the in-game interfaces to make your gameplay experience more enjoyable.
We’ll also be giving you a sneak preview of Steel Hunter 2021. Finally, you’ll have the opportunity to exchange your blueprint fragments for valuable in-game items. Let’s roll!
By the end of 2021, we aim to revise the characteristics of more than 15 Tier VIII Premium vehicles and improve their combat effectiveness.
The rebalancing changes will be introduced into the game in several stages. In Update 1.12, we’ll improve the characteristics of the following four Tier VIII Premium medium tanks:
We've already tested these vehicles in the Supertest. Now, we invite you to join the Common Test, take these rebalanced mediums for a spin, and share your impressions. Their gameplay style will not change, but it will become easier for all four tanks to perform their proper roles.
Let’s look at each vehicle individually.
The STG Guard will have better gun stabilization, a higher rate of fire, and higher engine power. Its DPM will also increase, including when shooting with HE shells. Thanks to these changes, it will play more efficiently in the second line of fire and will be an even deadlier force on the front line.
The T26E4 SuperPershing will have significantly improved gun stabilization and turret rotation speed. This legendary medium tank will now be able to react faster to changes on the battlefield and become more effective in close combat.
The gun dispersion and aiming time of the STA-2 will be reduced, making firing more comfortable. This tank will also have its view range slightly increased, allowing it to better spot enemies. These improvements will make the STA-2 a more effective support vehicle.
The gun dispersion and aiming time of the T-34-3 will also be reduced, while its HP pool will be increased by 100 points. It will now be easier for this Chinese medium to deal damage, making it more effective in the right hands.
This is just the beginning of the rebalancing that will continue throughout 2021. We will be closely monitoring the characteristics of these four vehicles while revising the parameters of the other tanks planned for rebalancing, so stay tuned!
In Update 1.12, we continue to identify and refine various in-game interfaces. This batch of new functions, inspired by popular modifications, can be enabled or disabled in the game settings.
In Ranked and Random Battles (including Grand Battles), you can now view the total amount of hit points each team has left. This option will help you better assess the balance of forces and make more informed tactical decisions.
We will also add special icons to the player list interface in battle to indicate which vehicles have already been spotted, and which are still fighting in stealth. Together with the minimap, this improvement will allow you to more accurately predict the enemy's location.
If you enter a new battle before the previous one has ended, you will receive the results of the previous battle the moment it ends, right there on the battlefield.
Finally, you can now specify a default zoom multiplier. Each time you enter sniper mode, the camera will snap right to the preset zoom level.
We're sure these improvements will make the game more comfortable for every Commander.
Steel Hunter is returning to World of Tanks! A series of complex balance changes are expected in our Battle Royale mode this year, making each vehicle’s performance even better, in addition to several other improvements. Here’s what you can expect!
- All vehicles in Steel Hunter will be rebalanced. We will revise their HP pools, durability, armor penetration and other characteristics. This will allow you to choose a tank based not on its combat effectiveness, but on your playstyle.
- In addition to the Engine and Ammo Rack, two new internal modules will be added to vehicles: Turret Rotation Mechanism and Optics. This change will make gameplay even more varied and dynamic.
- In the new Season, Steel Hunter will support the standard replay recording function. It will work the same as in other modes of World of Tanks. Now you can re-watch the most exciting moments of your battles, show them to your friends, or even send them to Best Replays of the Week!
- Now you can stay in battle and watch it to the end, thanks to a special mode working on the principle of "follow the winner." It will automatically turn on after your vehicle is destroyed. In this mode, you can see the battlefield from the perspective of the player who destroyed you. If their vehicle is subsequently destroyed, the camera will switch to whoever came out victorious in their clash, and so on down the chain until the end of the battle. When playing in a Platoon, you will follow your Platoon mates as long as at least one of them is not destroyed. Then the camera will switch to those players who destroyed your Platoon’s vehicles.
- We are also improving the post-battle statistics. In addition to nickname and position in the post-battle rankings, you will see your and other players’ final vehicle tiers, the damage dealt, the number of enemies destroyed, and nation icons. These statistics will be available to both Platoon and solo players. In addition, now you can find out which players used the Anonymizer.
Finally, Steel Hunter won't have its own progression system this year. Instead, you will earn Battle Pass Points based on your position in the post-battle ranking and by completing special missions in Steel Hunter. Enjoy playing Steel Hunter and boost your progress in the epic Battle Pass activity!
Researching new tanks is always very exciting, and the fastest way to unlock new vehicles is to use blueprint fragments. They immediately reduce the amount of experience needed to research a vehicle, save you time, and boost your progress in World of Tanks.
If you’ve accumulated more fragments than you know what to do with, you can exchange them for valuable in-game items in Common Test 1, such as:
- Days of WoT Premium Account
- Crew Books and crew members
- Various customization elements
List of Changes CT1Expand
Steel Hunter 2021
Internal modules have added to all vehicles: Turret traverse mechanism and Observation device (except for the Arlequin that has no Observation device in its starting configuration).
Now players can stay in battle and watch it to the end, if their vehicle is destroyed.
Information about the caused damage and final vehicle tier has been added to the Battle Results.
The Steel Hunter mode will support the standard replay recording function.
Changes to Technical Characteristics:
- Varyag and Walküre
- Improved armoring of all researchable hulls and turrets
- Increased the HP pool for all researchable hulls and turrets
- Increased penetration values for all guns at Tier VII
- Improved armoring of the M48A5 var. 6 turret
- Improved armoring of the T26E4M hull
- Harbinger Mk. IV
- Improved armoring of the FV4202 Series turret
- Improved armoring of the Chieftain Mk. 6 hull
- Decreased the HP pool for all researchable hulls and turrets
Exchange of Blueprints
The functionality of exchanging National and Universal blueprint fragments for valuable in-game items has been added to the game for some time.
The exchange of blueprints is available in the "Best" tab of the Store.
Improved track visualization
Improved track visualization at the Maximum and Ultra graphics quality for vehicles that are equipped with a hydropneumatic suspension.
New functions inspired by popular game modifications
- Total amount of hit points for each team.
- Special icons in the player list interface in battle to indicate which vehicles have already been spotted , and which are still fighting in stealth.
- Players will receive the results of the previous battle right during the current one. It will be displayed with a short summary in the chat area.
- Default zoom multiplier. When switching to the Sniper mode upon pressing Shift, the camera will snap right to the preset zoom level.
Changes to the Technical Characteristics of the Following Vehicles
- Changed the dispersion value from 0.44 to 0.42 m
- Changed the aiming time from 2.9 to 2.5 s
- Changed the vehicle durability from 1,300 to 1,400 HP
- Bisonte C45
- Improved the gun depression angle on the vehicle rear to -6 degrees
- Changed the gun dispersion from 0.37 to 0.35 m
- Changed the aiming time from 2.1 to 1.9 s
- Changed the view range from 380 to 400 m
- T26E4 SuperPershing (as well as the FL version)
- Decreased the dispersion during movement and on hull traverse by 18%
- Changed the turret traverse speed from 24 to 30 deg / s
- Changed the engine power from 610 to 720 hp
- STG and STG Guard:
- Decreased the dispersion during movement and on hull traverse by 9%
- Decreased dispersion during movement by 9%
- Changed the reload time from 14 to 13 s
- Changed the engine power from 400 to 450 hp
Join the Common Test!
New to testing? Check out our handy guide to public tests.
Eligibility: All players registered prior to February 1 at 12:59 PT | 14:59 CT | 15:59 ET can participate in the test.
Feedback: Please post your bug reports and general feedback on the test version in the special thread on our forum.
Join the Common Test and try out the new additions and changes, Commanders!