All tests of the reworked Equipment 2.0 system are complete, and we’re ready to introduce these huge changes to the game! We would like to once again express our sincere gratitude to the players who actively took part in testing and discussing the reworked Equipment 2.0 concept. Now it’s time to review all the changes to this fundamental feature before its release in Update 1.10.
Most of you have probably encountered the following issues with the current system:
- Limited variety and configuration: Most players use only a few of the most popular types of equipment (such as the Gun Rammer, Ventilation, Gun-laying Drive, and Camouflage Net) while others (such as Enhanced Suspension and Additional Grousers) are almost never used. We want to make equipment more diverse so that you have more options to adjust your setup according to your individual playstyle.
- Several versions of the same type of equipment exist—such as Enhanced Suspensions, Gun Rammers, and more: All of them are designed to improve the same combat parameter, and the difference in cost between these modifications is insignificant, which leads to unnecessary complexity. For example, there are currently 21 Enhanced Suspensions available in the game.
- Equipment costs do not adapt to vehicles of different tiers: For example, most pieces of equipment are affordable for top-tier machines, but that makes them quite expensive for low-tier tanks.
- There are many types of equipment to improve firepower, but few to enhance other performance characteristics, such as mobility: As a result, some vehicle types (light or medium tanks) cannot improve their key combat parameters.
As all of the above aspects are closely interconnected, we’re conducting a comprehensive rework of the equipment system. Our top priorities are:
- Simplifying the choice and use of all equipment.
- Increasing diversity, including various modifications used by players.
- Make equipment more affordable for low and medium tiers.
In the new system we aim to introduce, equipment is divided into special categories but can still be mounted in any available equipment slots. There will be four (4) categories:
Each type of equipment will be assigned to the category that it affects, so it will be easy to categorize all pieces of equipment that exist in the game. If the equipment’s category corresponds to the category of the slot in which it is placed, then the equipment will provide an increased bonus to your vehicle. The one exception to this is Vertical Stabilizer, which doesn’t provide an increased bonus. If the categories don't match, or the slot doesn’t have a category, then the equipment will not receive the bonus.
The number of slots and categories available will depend on the vehicle tier. For example, heavy tanks will only have one slot for Survivability and light tanks will have one slot for Scouting. Tier VI–X tanks will have only one category for the first equipment slot. All Tier I–V vehicles will have slots without categories.
|Tier:||Vehicle Type:||Slot 1 category:||Slot 2:||Slot 3:|
Improved and Bounty Equipment will provide a static bonus no matter which slot they are in and they won't be assigned to any of the four categories. In addition, Improved equipment will grant bigger bonuses than it currently does. Improved and Bounty Equipment will still grant a bonus superior to standard equipment, even if the standard equipment benefits from the category slot bonus.
|Type of Improved Equipment:||Current Bonus:||New Bonus:|
|Innovative Loading System||12.5%||13.5%|
|Stabilizing Equipment System||25%||27.5%|
|Wear-Resistant Gun Laying Drive||12.5%||13.5%|
Extended Spare Parts Kit will be converted to Improved Configuration after the feature is released. This new Improved Equipment prevents one each fuel tank fire, ammo rack explosion, and engine destruction in a battle upon the destruction of these modules.
Improved Configuration adds the following bonuses to vehicle characteristics:
- +45% to repair speed
- +150% to ammo rack, fuel tank, and engine durability
- -65% to the loading speed penalty and loss of engine power upon the damaging of modules
- -65% to the chance of engine fire
Its demounting cost is 200 Bonds.
Currently, some equipment items are available in several variants, which creates some confusion when choosing the most effective items. For example, there are 21 Enhanced Suspensions in World of Tanks. All these modifications will be unified into one Enhanced Suspension for all vehicles in the game, and three different classes will be available, based on the vehicle tier (in total, there will be three Enhanced Suspensions). We also aim to unify the various types of Gun Rammers.
All equipment items (with some exceptions listed below) will be divided into three (3) classes that share the same properties. The higher the equipment class, the higher the cost.
- Class 3 equipment: Will cost 50,000 Credits. It can be mounted on Tier II–IV tanks and some Tier V or higher vehicles.
- Class 2 equipment will cost 300,000 Credits. It can be mounted on Tier V–VII tanks and some Tier VIII or higher vehicles.
- Class 1 equipment will cost 600,000 Credits. It can be mounted on Tier VIII–X tanks. New equipment will remain in approximately the same price range as it is now.
The exceptions to this rule are Camouflage Net and Spall Liner. Camouflage Net will cost 50,000 Credits for Tier II–IV vehicles and 100,000 Credits for Tier V–X vehicles.
Spall Liner won’t have classes at all. Four (4) different versions will be available, each one suitable for certain vehicles.
- Light Spall Liner can be mounted on Tier V–X light tanks and light tank destroyers or SPGs based on an LT chassis.
- Medium Spall Liner can be mounted on Tier V–VII heavy tanks, as well as Tier V–X medium tanks and medium tank destroyers or SPGs based on an MT chassis.
- Heavy Spall Liner can be mounted on Tier VIII–X heavy tanks and tank destroyers or SPGs weighing less than 75 tons.
- Superheavy Spall Liner can be mounted on Tier VIII–X heavy tanks and tank destroyers or SPGs weighing more than 75 tons.
Each equipment class will correspond to a certain vehicle tier.
Some equipment can only be mounted on a specific vehicle type. We're taking this step to better harmonize equipment with the vehicle’s battlefield responsibilities.
Thus, the matching of certain equipment to specific vehicle types will help you select modules in accordance with the vehicle’s role on the battlefield and improve your combat performance.
Equipment Compatibility TableExpand
|Commander's Vision System||
|Enhanced Gun-laying Drive||
|Improved Aiming Unit||
|Improved Radio Set||
|Improved Rotation Mechanism||
|Low-noise Exhaust System||
- Tier I vehicles won’t have equipment, consumables, or directives, but will no longer receive damage to their modules or crew members. Only their tracks can be damaged, but they'll be repaired fairly quickly.
- Tier II vehicles will have one slot for equipment and consumables but won’t have directives. Just like Tier I, crew members cannot be injured or killed. Fire will deal low damage and modules can be damaged.
- Tier III vehicles will have two slots for equipment and consumables but won’t have directives. Just like Tier II, fire will deal low damage. Modules can be damaged and crew members injured.
- Tier IV vehicles won’t have directives. Aside from that, Tier IV won’t change compared to its current state.
- Tier V and higher vehicles won't change compared to their current state in terms of module/crew damage, fire damage, or directives.
Old equipment will be replaced by new equipment, taking into account the specifics of the reworked system.
For example, the Medium-caliber Rammers for tanks and SPGs will become Gun Rammer Class 2, which you can mount on the Tier V–VII vehicles and Tier VIII–X tanks it was previously compatible with. The Large-caliber Rammers for tanks and SPGs will become Gun Rammer Class 1, which you can mount on the Tier VIII–X tanks it was previously compatible with:
|ITEM NAME:||COST:||NEW ITEM NAME:||NEW COST:|
|Medium-caliber Tank Gun Rammer||200,000 Credits||Gun Rammer Class 2||300,000 Credits|
|Medium-caliber Artillery Shell Rammer||300,000 Credits|
|Large-caliber Tank Gun Rammer||500,000 Credits||Gun Rammer Class 1||600,000 Credits|
|Large-caliber Artillery Shell Rammer||600,000 Credits|
All Tier I–III equipment will be demounted for free and automatically moved to the Depot. The only exception is Enhanced Suspension for Tier II–III tanks.
The following types of existing equipment will be replaced by analogues:
- Additional Grousers
- Binocular Telescope
- Camouflage Net
- Coated Optics
- Enhanced Gun Laying Drive
- Gun Rammer
- Improved Ventilation
- Spall Liner
The following types of old equipment will be replaced by new equipment:
|OLD EQUIPMENT:||NEW EQUIPMENT:|
|Cyclone Filter||Modified Configuration|
|Fill Tanks with CO2|
|Toolbox (including Improved and Bounty Equipment)|
|"Wet" Ammo Rack|
|Enhanced Suspension (all types)
In addition, we will introduce Directive for Modified Configuration as a replacement for Toolbox:
|Category:||Type of Equipment:||Effect:|
|Survivability||Directive for Improved Configuration||Increases repair speed by 10%|
Equipment whose class will change compared to the current vehicle type will be indicated with a warning icon. Feel free to use this equipment on this specific tank, but it will not be possible to remount it after demounting. This equipment will be sent to the Depot at the start of Update 1.10.
If any equipment was mounted on a vehicle for which it can no longer be used in the new system (for example, due to a different vehicle type), it will be automatically moved to the Depot and converted.
When the Equipment 2.0 system hits the live servers, all Improved Equipment mounted on your vehicles will be automatically sent to the Depot.
To help you quickly master the new system, remove old and mount new equipment without any difficulty, you will have the opportunity to get Demount Kits. There are three ways to do that:
- Complete Daily Missions in Random Battles:
Regular battle missions rewarding you with Demount Kits.
- Along with Update 1.10, a special battle mission will be available within 7 days after our live servers are opened:
MISSION: CONDITION: RESTRICTIONS: REWARD:
Mission for Earning Demount Kits
- Be one of the top 10 XP earners on your team in a battle
- All vehicles Tier IV-X
- Once a day
- Random Battles
- Seven (7) times per account
- 3×Demount Kits
- Purchase bundles with Credits. These bundles will be available once per account throughout Update 1.10, until the next regular update. Check them out:
Bundle: Cost (credits): Availability per Account: 5 Demount Kits 215,500 Credits 3 25 Demount Kits 1,000,000 Credits 1 50 Demount Kits 1,750,000 Credits 1
- Just log in to the game. At the same time as the release of the update, all players will receive a number of Demount Kits equivalent to the number of Tier VI–X vehicles in their Garage, but no more than 30 Demount Kits per account.
There will be no tank modules in the redesigned equipment panel. The Repair button will replace the Service button. The resupply of ammunition and consumables will also occur in new windows that are simple and user-friendly. The windows for selecting equipment and directives will become more convenient.
In addition, all types of equipment and consumables will have the “drag and drop” feature, making it more convenient to interact with them and, most importantly, now you don't need to spend resources on moving equipment and consumable from slot to slot.
When Update 1.10 hits our live servers, the dismantling rules will be unified for all equipment. Equipment that previously had the status of Standard (Camouflage Net, Binocular Telescope, and Toolbox) can be dismantled according to the general rules, for 10 Gold or using a Demount Kit.
Get ready for Equipment 2.0 and share your feedback!