- With Update 9.21, we got the ball rolling and detailed that throughout 2018, we would be reshaping customization to make it more sophisticated and complex system.
- The groundwork was set by adding style sets and mapping out a set of customizable areas on any given tank.
- In December, you could paint the hull, turret, gun, suspension, and gun mantlet separately.
- As well as this, you could adjust camo sizes and give your vehicle a distinct look with visual effects.
- Building on the foundations we laid at the end of the year, we added customization for Tier VI, VIII, and X tanks.
- Also, when styling out your vehicles it was often hard to see what it would look like on the battlefield when compared to the Garage. As such the new Garage allowed for better lighting so whether it was inside or out, it would look ultimately the same.
- And finally, in the summer we reworked the entire interface to make it more streamlined and easier to use.
- With the football (soccer in the U.S.) looming large in Russia over the summer, a special style was all the rage and for those lucky enough to do well in the in-game tournaments, there were unique weekly rewards to adorn your tanks in.
- We broadened the customization options to a whole new Tier: Tier IX.
Future Updates (2019-Onward)
- We can’t give all the details away just yet, big changes are coming to customization.