It's tank destroyer week again, and the SU-100Y "Box Tank" is on special discount. This TD was built from a prototype heavy tank, so its size and lack of camouflage can be liabilities, though they're mitigated by a magnificent 130mm armament.
Does the SU-100Y fit your profile, or should you save up for something different? Find out below!
- Has a huge gun with good accuracy (.36), amazing penetration and great damage per shot, or "alpha damage"
- Large amount of HP (700)
- Does well in higher tiers due to high penetration AP and a high-yield HE shell
- Has a unique Premium round with less penetration but more alpha damage
- You're a huge target with thin armor; you'll have to move if someone spots you
- Its lower camouflage rating may force you to play at extreme ranges
- Poor gun depression (5°) makes it difficult to peek over hills
Reasons to Buy
- Great Crew trainer for Soviet tank destroyers (Six Crew with two Gunners & Loaders)
- Similar play style to other Soviet TD's
- If you enjoy "one-shotting" tanks of lower or equal tiers to you, this is the vehicle for you!
Reasons Not to Buy
- You want a vehicle with a quick reload (try the Heavy Tank No. VI)
- You prefer a tank that can flank (Try the Škoda T 40 )
- In the SU-100Y it's all about the gun. Keep yourself intact, be mindful of your large size, and keep your gun talking!
|The standard loadout of Small First Aid Kit, Small Repair Kit and a Manual Fire Extinguisher is a good way to go, while Large Repair and First Aid Kits reduce the chance of damage or Crew injury from random artillery and HE Shells.
The explosive SU-100Y is discounted in the Premium Shop for a limited time -- open up with the "Box Tank" today!