UPD. The public test server will be stopped on April 2 at 08:00 PDT (15:00 UTC).
UPDATE. March 26, at 23:00 PDT (March 27, 09:00 UTC) the test server will go through a restart, which is estimated to last about 30-40 minutes. If after the restart you face uncommon in-game cases due to incorrect vehicle balance, please post a screenshot with it to the special thread, location and time provided.
UPD. A special minor hotfix has been released for the test #3 of 7.2 update. The hotfix will solve the bug when a vehicle could not enter a battle on the first try and several minor issues which resulted in a client failure. The hotfix will be installed automatically through launcher of version 0.7.2_test3 game client.
UPD. Please note that if you have downloaded a hotfix for the test #2 and automatically updated the test #2 client to test #3, an error might have appeared while starting the test client. In this case please do one of the following procedures:
- Install the full game client of test #1 once again and launch it. Test #3 updates will install automatically.
- Start the test client launcher. A special update will be installed automatically and will substitute the test files with the required original ones.
The World of Tanks development team gives all players the opportunity to partake in the third test of the 7.2 update, which will be released the near future. During this test a special World of Tanks update v. 7.2 will be available for playing on test servers only. The estimated end date of the second test is March 27, 2012.
Please note that the public test server will go through restart once in two days at 01:00 UTC, starting from March 23 (i.e. at 15:00 PDT, March 22), which will last for 25-45 minutes. In order to make your game experience more efficient we limited the number of gamers on the server. As a result you could be placed on the waiting list each time we reach 26.000 players in battle.
Attention! Please, install the test game client version in a different folder, other than the current game client version! Also switch off the game client before installing the update. Only players who have registered prior to 21:00 UTC, March 2, 2012, can login the test server. To participate in the test you need to do the following steps:
1. Download the test game client in a separate directory:
- Download full game client with 7.2 update here (2.62 GB)
- Download v.7.2 test game client torrent file here
2. Run the game. The game client launcher will be updated with test #3 update files, which score 24 Mb in total.
Please, keep in mind certain special features of the public test server:
- Players' database was compiled similarly to the first test of 7.2 update, when the system selected an account randomly out of several, registered on several servers per a single email. We'd like to draw your attention to the fact that developers are aware of the login issue, caused by rarely used accounts being selected for the test, and will do their best to escape this case in future testing.
- Payments are not accepted on the mass test server.
- Credit and experience rates for public test server are multiplied by 10. All players are given 15,000 gold for testing purposes.
- Progress won't be transferred to the main NA server.
- No progress from previous tests will go to this test.
- We draw your attention to the fact that the test server is subject to EULA and general rules of World of Tanks game server. The restrictions and punishments are the same as on the official game server of World of Tanks. The details of the v.7.2 update public test can be discussed in a special forum thread. The discussion of failures and bugs of test update 7.2 is carried out in special sub-forums only.
If a player's PC is a bit outdated (e.g. older than 8 years), the player might face graphics bugs and will need to download a special small update.
List of changes between mass test #2 and test #3 of the 7.2 update:
- Bugs in destroyed models of M103 (mantlet) and T110E5 (mantlet) fixed.
- Temporarily removed notifications about vehicle detection and tanks destroyed or damaged due to detection.
- Changed battle levels for Churchill, KV-220 and T14.
- Parameter of new TDs and heavy tanks Т34, Т30, Т110Е5 and М103 are rebalanced after testing.
- Reworked pop-up hint for perks available for research.
- Added information about autoloader recharge (C) and interface turn off (V) to the in-battle help screen (F1).
- Cancelled the option of retraining Chinese crew members for non-existing tanks.
- Reduced the interval between the tank icon and a neighbour element in the in-battle team lists.
- Cost of HE anti-tank shells for Т110E5 reduced to 10 gold.
- Removed modules of several premium and top tanks from store.
- Removed notifications about zero cost of ammo and consumables supply.
- Changed the cost of research and cost in credits of M46 Patton top gun.
- Added battle type description to statistics viewed at clicking TAB key.
- Temporarily removed one-click repair and cure function available when one module of a vehicle is damaged or a crew member is hit.
- M4A3E2: the cost of repair change is reduced two times, from +50% to +25%.
- M4A3E8: the cost of repair change is reduced two times, from +50% to +25%.
- М24 Chaffee: returned profitability as of update 7.1.
- Jagdtiger: returned profitability and repair cost as of update 7.1.
- T95: returned profitability and repair cost as of update 7.1.
- Object 704: repair cost returned as of update 7.1. Profitability change reduced from -7% to -5%.
- Fixed description of "Steel Wall" achievement.
- Fixed and reworked descriptions of skills and perks.
- Fixed bugs with Type 59 texturing.
- Fixed occasional game client failure at entering garage.
- Fixed position of emission in M103 and T110E5.
- Fixed tank icon of T110E5.
- Fixed the reduced price for TD Т49.
- Fixed camouflage "zigzag" for TD M18 Hellcat.
- Fixed visual model of damaged TD Т25/2.
- Fixed text descriptions for several camouflages.
- Fixed bugs in damaged model of VK3601H.
- Fixed bugs in damaged model of TD SU-85.
- Fixed an occasional bug when a vehicle did not enter battle (hang up during the map loading).
- Fixed the bug with AMX 13 90 tank turret angle altitude.
- Fixed non-display of enemy platoons on the team list.
- Fixed visual bugs on new maps Province and Live Oaks.
- Fixed displacement of a marker over a team killer.
- Fixed display of armor for SU-85 and Т95 in the interface.
- Fixed incorrect message appearing at demounting equipment from a damaged vehicle.
- Fixed double purchase of a module in garage.
- Fixed the bug with skills reset interface elements disappearing.
- Fixed several bugs in armor of TD Т95.
- Fixed names of turrets of TD Т25/2.
- Fixed the bug when an interface for newcomers appeared for players with number of battles more than 0.
- Fixed several bugs in the new battle balance system.
- Fixed issues with the display of subheads in the Menu -> Settings.
- Fixed bugs in display of in-battle chat text messages.
- Fixed position and blurring of text and icons in the system channel.
- Fixed an occasional hang up at request for other player's battle statistics.
- Fixed display of cyrillic symbols in the arcade reticle "Panzer" indicator.
- Fixed shooting effects for guns of M10 Wolverine and M36 Slugger.
- Fixed same names for suspensions of BT-2.
- Fixed the productivity and hang up failure caused by the new interface mapping library version.
- Fixed the bug when equipment disappeared once it was changed from undemountable to demountable.