After seeing the outstanding response from our announcement of the Clan Wars North American maps, we wanted to share some updates (and solutions) with you!
Below is a list of current updates:
- SPG tier limit is III; This is being done as an experiment, since no further changes are planned for SPGs at this time. Once tier X SPGs are introduced, they'll be matched in a similar fashion to this. For now, this gives us a chance to see the kind of effect similar tier SPGs have on battles.
- At this time, there will be a single prime time for the Unclaimed Glory event. The North American map, once fully unlocked, will have two prime times.
- The number of initial landing zones was set based on the data analysis of Clan Wars. In terms of active clans to landing zone ratios, we've actually doubled the number of available landing zones compared to similar events on the RU cluster. The development team is happy with the landing zone numbers for this event, so it's unlikely to change.
- The event has been moved to Friday, January 25th.
- The EU and Mediterranean maps will remain open with all the normal Clan Wars rules, giving you a choice to participate or not to participate in the event. All of the maps will be completely wiped at the beginning of the event.
- The Mediterranean map will be disabled at the beginning of the second NA map release event (Rise of the Americas: Westward Bound), approximately 3 to 5 days after the end of the first one (more details to come on the 2nd event). More provinces will then be available on the NA map.
- After the end of the Westward Bound NA map event, the European map will then be wiped and disabled.
Now, here are the current plans for the next few events. Please be sure to share your thoughts about them in the official Rise of the Americas: New Clan Wars Details forum thread.
- The first event, Unclaimed Glory, ends, downtime between events begins; map stays up, event rules are no longer in place.
- Possibility of changing the landing zone times from 20:00 EST to 21:00 EST (17:00 PST to 18:00 PST).
- The second event, Westward Bound, begins with tier VI limits for all provinces in the western part of the USA; Europe remains at tier X; Mediterranean map is wiped and disabled
- Westward Bound event ends, downtime between events begins; map stays up, event rules are no longer in place
- The third event, Battle for the North, begins with tier VIII limits for all provinces in the NA region; Europe is wiped and disabled
- Battle for the North event ends, downtime between events begins; map stays up, event rules are no longer in place
- The Final Frontier event begins with no tier limits
Let us know what you think of these changes. We're still looking at the scope of the change and the timing, so it may not be technically feasible to happen alongside Unclaimed Glory. However, we are listening and want to make sure this has as little of a negative impact on traditional Clan Wars play as possible. We have been discussing these events in detail with many of you, and we would like to continue hearing your feedback about these events, so please be sure to share what your thoughts are.
We'll be sharing more details about the second and third events as soon as possible. Depending on your feedback, we may be able to adapt the event to what you would like to see, so be sure to share your thoughts and opinions.