The new and exciting World of Tanks Championship International was recently announced, and we'd like to go a bit further into how this tournament will work.
As a part of the event, we invite teams to compete for the right to represent North America in China with the best teams from across the regions.
The format will be 15v15 with three Reserves Tier X Attack/Defense with one cap on each side.
|World of Tanks Championship International|
|Registration Closes||August 8|
|Day One of Group Stage||August 11||
18:00 PT | 20:00 CT | 21:00 ET
|Day Two of Group Stage||August 12|
|Day Three of Group Stage||August 13|
Players from one of the top 16 teams in the event will receive Gold and Bonds based on the following chart:
|Position||Gold Amount||Bond Amount|
Official Contest RulesExpand
- These Contest Rules (“CONTEST RULES”) establish the general terms and conditions for this “Masters Invitational Qualifier” contest (“CONTEST”) FOR PLAYERS of the massively multIplayer online game “World of TANKS” playing On NA GAME CLUSTER (The americas). The CONTEST RULES consist of general contest rules (Part A) and specific contest rules (Part B).
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD.
GENERAL CONTEST RULES
This Contest – “Masters Invitational Qualifier” is organized by Wargaming Group Limited, (the “Sponsor”), 105 Agion Omologiton Avenue Nicosia 1080 Cyprus.
(a) Participation in this Contest is open only to individuals who enter in accordance with these Contest Rules. Only individuals, residing in the United States and Canada (except the province of Quebec) are eligible to participate.
(b) Notwithstanding the foregoing, the following persons are NOT ELIGIBLE to participate in this Contest: (i) employees of Sponsor who directly participate in organizing the Contest, its directors and agents (collectively – “Sponsor Parties”); (ii) parents, spouses, children, brothers and sisters of Sponsor Parties; and (iii) individuals living in the same household as Sponsor Agents.
(c) Each Participant is responsible for providing accurate information as to his/her name, age, and email or physical address, if such information is requested. Individuals that provide information to be incomplete, false or deceptive, will be ineligible to participate or (if they have already participated) to receive Prizes.
3. Claiming a Prize
The Prize winners will be notified through the social media, websites, forums and/or e-mail. Regulations for granting the prizes are set out in the specific part of these Contest Rules, Part B.
A potential Prize winner may be required to sign the following documents and return them via email (by .pdf file attachment) in order to receive a Prize (and subsequently return the original, unmodified, executed documents by mail to Sponsor’s address set forth above): (i) a W9 tax form; (ii) an Affidavit (or, where applicable, Declaration) of Eligibility and Liability Waiver.
Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or any part thereof with a prize or element of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. If a Prize winner is not in compliance with these Contest Rules, this Prize winner will be disqualified.
4. Grant of Rights with respect to Participants
By accepting these Contest Rules, each Participant grants Sponsor and its licensees the right to use the Participant’s name, image, likeness, photograph, game play statistics and/or Prize information, user-generated content (including team logo), submitted to the Sponsor, and/or any portion of any of the foregoing, for promotional, advertising and/or publicity purposes with respect to the Contest in any media, throughout the world and in perpetuity, without compensation or notice to, or with further consent of, the Participant.
5. Waiver and Release of Liability by Participant
- The liability of the Sponsor and/or Sponsor Parties is unlimited for damages arising out of death, injury to body or health based as well as for damages that arouse from the lack of a guaranteed characteristic or in case of fraudulent intent.
- The liability of Sponsor and/or Sponsor Parties is unlimited for damages caused by the Sponsor or Sponsor Parties by intent or gross negligence.
- In case of a slight negligent breach of a contractual core duty Sponsor and/or Sponsor Parties shall, except in the cases pursuant to clause 5 (a) and 5 (d), only be liable to the amount of the typically foreseeable damage. Contractual core duties abstractly are such duties whose accomplishment enables proper fulfilment of the contract in the first place and whose fulfilment a contractual party regularly may rely on.
- Liability stipulated by applicable law remains unaffected.
- The limitation period for claims for damages shall be one (1) year, except in case of clause 6 (a), 5 (b) and 5 (d) where the statutory statute of limitations shall apply.
- Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify and prohibit from participating any person, who is attempting to or has previously been sanctioned by the Sponsor for attempting to: (i) tamper with Sponsor’s website and/or any part of the Contest; (ii) undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices, (iii) annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Participants or Sponsor’s Parties; and/or (iv) otherwise violate these Contest Rules or the World of Tanks End User License Agreement (including the Game Rules that form part of the End User License Agreement), if applicable.
- ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE SPONSOR’S WEBSITE OR ANY OF SPONSOR’S GAMES (OR ANY PART OF EITHER) OR UNDERMINE THE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD ANY SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND ITS LICENSEES (IF ANY) RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER AVAILABLE REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. EACH AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, SPONSOR PARTIES AND AFFILIATES FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, DAMAGES AND/OR LIABILITIES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES AND EXPENSES) THAT MAY BE ASSERTED AGAINST OR INCURRED BY ANY OF THEM AT ANY TIME, IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPANT’S BREACHES OF ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTIES OR COVENANTS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST.
7. Sponsor’s Right to Disqualify Participants and Terminate this Contest
If there is any actual evidence of fraud, electronic or non-electronic tampering or unauthorized intervention with any portion of this Contest, or if fraud or technical difficulties of any sort (e.g., computer viruses, bugs, server errors) compromise the integrity of the Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify suspect Participants and/or terminate the Contest. The use of any automated launching or entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the Participant to automatically enter, participate or evaluate repeatedly is prohibited. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Participant based on an email address, the Participant may be disqualified.
8. General Terms
- This Contest is subject to these Contest Rules and is governed by the laws of the Republic of Cyprus. To the extent that the local law deprives the Participant of the protection afforded to him/her by provisions that cannot be derogated by virtue of the law of the country where the Participant has his/her habitual residence, the law of that country applies. The provisions of these Contest Rules do not exclude, limit or otherwise restrict the rights vested with the consumers upon relevant provisions of the applicable law nor may be construed by anyone in this way. By entering, each Participant agrees to comply with these Contest Rules, the World of Tanks End User License Agreement (including the Game Rules that form part of the End User License Agreement), if applicable.
- In order to validly enter and in order to claim the Prize, Participants may be required to provide Sponsor with certain personally identifiable information such as name, residential address, email address and/or other contact and/or tax information. Such information may be used for the purposes specifically described in these Contest Rules.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Contest Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Contest Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- All taxes, fees and surcharges on the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Prize winner. In the event that the selected winner of the Prize is ineligible or refuses the Prize, the Prize will be forfeited and Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may choose whether to award the Prize to another Participant in the Contest.
SPECIFIC CONTEST RULES
The Contest is a team World of Tanks tournament held online, where the participating individuals (“Participants”) compete for prizes specified below (“Prizes”).
In-game prizes for each team member: 2500 Gold, 2500 Bonds
In-game prizes for each team member: 2000 Gold, 2000 Bonds
In-game prizes for each team member: 1500 Gold, 1500 Bonds
In-game prizes for each team member: 1000 Gold, 1000 Bonds
The team taking the 1-st place also receives a monetary prize of EUR 7500 (for the whole team) and qualifies for participation in the World of Tanks Championship International (WCI) – a tournament which is expected to take place in China at the start of 2022. Note that the team participating in WCI Tournament can consist of up to 16 members. Please see section 6 below for additional rules of WCI Tournament participation.
3. Contest Dates
Registration: 8-9 August 2021.
Contest: 11-21 August 2021.
4. Structure of the Contest
For a team to participate in the Contest, its captain and all members need to register at the Masters International Qualifier tournament page for the “Masters International Qualifier”.
Additional provisions regarding the structure of the Contest, procedure of participation, its rules and other relevant requirements are available in the Masters Invitational Qualifier regulations, available at the tournament portal. These rule regulations form part of these Rules and are legally binding.
5. Provision of Prizes
In-game prizes will be credited to the respective Participants’ Wargaming accounts within two weeks after the end of the Contest.
The monetary prize won by a team will be divided in equal parts among all its members, each of whom will be considered a Contest winner (“Winner”).
Sponsor will transfer the Prize to the Winner’s USD bank account. The amount of the prize will be converted from EUR into USD and the rate set by the bank making the transfer.
Sponsor shall not later than 30 August 2021 contact the Winners via email linked to their World of Tanks player accounts to request information required to provide the Prize to the Winner, which may include their name, bank account details, as well as other documents that may be requested under these Contest Rules to enable Prize provision and verify Winners’ eligibility for participation. These data have to be provided not later than 15 September 2021, otherwise the Prize will be considered forfeited. Provided that these data are timely received, the Sponsor shall transfer the Prize to the Winner’s bank account not later than 15 December 2021.
6. Additional Conditions of WCI Tournament Participation.
Each player of the team that based on the results of this Contest qualifies for participation in the WCI Tournament acknowledges that for participation in the WCI Tournament this player has to:
- Be able to travel to China on during the respective tournament period, which, among other things, means:
- Having the documents necessary for travelling abroad and obtaining the Chinese visa;
- nNot being subject to any specific restrictions that would prevent departure from the country of residence or arrival in China
- Having to provide travel document details and personal data necessary for arranging the travel to the organizer of the WCI Tournament at its request;
- Having to follow the required steps to obtain a Chinese visa in the respective Chinese embassy and fully cooperate on that matter with the organizer of the WCI Tournament;
- Bearing certain visa expenses that will be compensated later by the organizer of the WCI Tournament upon provision of payment documents (which have to be kept by the player)
- Be ready to comply with all COVID-related restrictions in China, which, among other things, means:
- upon arrival in China, being transferred to a hotel where the player would have to spend a legally mandated period under quarantine on the conditions specified below in this section;
- having to undergo COVID testing as required by the then applicable Chinese regulation or (if necessary) by the organizer of the WCI Tournament.
The period of the quarantine will be as required by applicable law at the time of the player’s arrival in China.
During the mandatory quarantine:
- Each player will be accommodated in an individual hotel room;
- The player cannot leave his/her hotel room or have guests, including other his/her teammates;
- Each player will be provided with three meals a day according to their dietary restrictions;
- A local WoT account and a VPN service access will be provided to the player upon request by the organizer of the WCI Tournament.
Costs covered by the WCI Tournament organizer. As part of a player’s participation in the WCI Tournament, its organizer will cover the costs of:
- The fee for issuance of the Chinese visa to the player;
- The travel from the country of the player’s residence to the city where the WCI Tournament will take place and back. The airport of departure in the player’s country of residence will be chosen by WCI Tournament organizer in its discretion, but taking into consideration the convenience of the player and flight ticket availability;
- Accommodation in China both for the mandatory quarantine stay and then for the duration of the WCI Tournament, including meals in the hotel;
- Travel from place of accommodation to the location where the WCI Tournament will take place;
Expenses not listed above may have to be borne by the player.
COVID-19 risk acknowledgment. Each player of the team that based on the results of this Contest qualifies for participation in the WCI Tournament:
- Acknowledges the existence of potential risk of becoming infected with COVID-19 during the WCI Tournament (including the travel to/from China) due to the current epidemiological situation, despite the preventative measures taken, and
- Agrees that neither the Sponsor of this Contest not the organizer of the WCI Tournament shall be in any way liable in the event that player becomes infected with COVID-19.
All Participants acknowledge that due to the epidemiological and other external factors the WCI Tournament can be postponed, moved to a different location or canceled by its organizer and neither its organizer, not the Sponsor of this Contest shall be liable for any such postponement, change or cancelation.
The right to invite additional teams. The players acknowledge that the organizer of the WCI Tournament may invite more than one team from a specific region due to inability of any other team to participate or other reasons in the organizer’s discretion.
Terms of participation. Players that are not agree with any of the conditions listed in this section “Additional Conditions of WCI Tournament Participation” cannot participate in the WCI Tournament and should inform their team manager about this as soon as possible. Team manager needs to replace such players with substitutes. In any event, the team roster must have at least 15 and not more than 16 players including the team manager. It is a requirement of participation that at least 8 players chosen for the WCI Tournament team roster must also be in the team roster of the present Contest.
Players acknowledge that to participate in the WCI Tournament, in addition to the conditions specified above, they would have to accept the official rules of the WCI Tournament that will be made available by its organizer at a later date.