A bunch of Italian medium tanks are all busy warming up their engines to leave the assembly line. But in the meantime, we’re bringing you a little something special to get battle ready: the Italian Challenge. And it’s totally not a way to just have some fun before the new line rolls out. Promise.
Event Start: April 13, 12:00 PT | 14:00 CT | 15:00 ET
Event End: April 27, 12:00 PT | 14:00 CT | 15:00 ET
The Italian Challenge will twist the Random Battles experience into a frantic and furious hunt for a host of rewards and in-game valuables. From Credits, Personal Reserves, and unique camo through to the mightly Progetto M35 mod 46 that features the all-new autoreloader mechanic.
Hop on board to battle your way over 10 fierce stages and reap in-game rewards. Make it to the finish line to earn the first Italian tank and gear up for a new nation!
The Italian Challenge includes 10 consecutive stages to complete. To make the event more versatile and fun, we’re introducing two ways to earn rewards.
- Endurance race: Built around the amount of base XP points you earn, this approach encourages those who succeed by sheer persistence. Each stage will require you to gain a certain amount of XP, rolling out in Tier VI and higher vehicles. Just remember: you’ll only have your result counted if you reach the Top 10 of your team’s list at the end of a battle — no matter whether your team wins or loses.
- Ramp up the challenge: You can opt for alternative, far more complex tasks, while being limited to Tier X machines. Fulfilling these objectives will save you time, but you’ll have to give it your all.
Firstly, the Progetto M35 mod 46 Premium tank is the main prize, and this is the first time ever a Tier VIII vehicle has been both a trophy and a tank that launches a new nation. Secondly, tankers will get a chance to earn it for free. It’s a challenging objective that will require the best of your abilities, but the result is more than worth it.
As opposed to a traditional autoloader that lets you jump into Rambo mode before turning into a ninja while your magazine reloads, the autoreloader is trickier. Right after you fire your first shell, the magazine instantly starts loading a fresh one. Here’s where you have the freedom to choose whether to wait for reloading to complete, or spit out your remaining rounds. If you go the classic autoloader route, each successive shell will gradually take more and more time to load.
The new mechanic potentially gives you complete freedom of choice in regards to your attacking arsenal, but it also requires you to learn some new tricks and gain new sets of reflexes that will help you seamlessly switch between the two modes at the crucial moment.
But wait, there’s more to the Italian Challenge than its main trophy. As you work your way to get your hands on it, you’ll be earning a whole bunch of other valuable items!
- Finishing each stage will fill your vault with Credits, Personal Reserves, and Consumables
- Completing 7 stages will land you an exclusive customization style
- Completing all 10 stages will land you an additional Garage slot and the Progetto
If you’re anxious to try out the new experience immediately, you can jump to the Premium Shop and purchase the whole bundle featuring all the rewards for each event battle mission and the Progetto.
If you decide to purchase the bundle, completing stages beforehand will discount the final price — 10% off for each stage completed. For example, completing 7 out of 10 stages will knock 70% off the price.
The Italian Challenge is going to become a totally new experience for us, and we’re looking forward to seeing how it pans out. Jump in, reap the rewards and hit the battlefield in a shiny new Progetto! Whether you choose to spend more time or take it with sheer skill, owning that Italian medium is well worth the effort.