UPDATE 15:25 UTC September 19, 2013. The 8.8 Public Test Server will be stopped on September 19 at 08:00 PDT (11:00 EDT)
Thank you for your participation and feedback.
With all of the comings and goings on within the Wargaming Universe, we're happy to announce that the 8.8 Public Test server has been launched!
How the Public Test Works
To participate in the test you need to do the following steps:
- Install a small launcher update found here (10.5 Mb)
- Update World of Tanks via the launcher (5.6 Gb)
- If you have already installed the Public Test game client the launcher will update it to the Public Test 8.8 second iteration automatically (59.5 Mb)
Be sure to install the test game launcher in a different folder, rather than the current game client version. Also, switch off the game client before installing the update. Only players who have registered prior to 0:00 UTC 19.08.2013 can participate in the Public Test.
Please, keep in mind certain features of the public test server:
- Payments are not accepted on the public test server.
- For the second iteration, all test accounts will receive a one-time credit of:
- 100,000,000 XP
- Progress won't be transferred to the main NA server.
- Credits and experience rates will not be increased for this test.
Scheduled Server Restarts
- first periphery - 21:00 PDT (00:00 EDT) every day. Average duration: ~25 mins
- second periphery - 22:00 PDT (01:00 EDT) every day. Average duration: ~25 mins
- center - 23:00 PDT (02:00 EDT) every day. Average duration: 2 mins.
Public Test Version 0.8.8 #3
Please note: these patch notes are preliminary and do not contain the details of characteristic changes of some tanks.
The detailed list of these changes will be provided in the final patch notes during the update 0.8.8 release.
- Added compensation for the engines of E-50 and E-75:
- If you had a Maybach HL 295 Ausf. A engine researched (it is mounted on E-50 and E-75), then 25,000 free experience points will be added to your account.
- If you had a Maybach HL 295 Ausf. A engine in the depot or it was mounted on the E-50 or the E-75, then these engines will be sold at the purchase price. The appropriate Credit value will be added to your account.
- Decreased delays when a new “Service Record” window is opened.
- Fixed the way some medals are displayed in the service record window.
- Fixed some bugs with chat windows opening and closing.
- Fixed game client crash issue during attempt to set antialiasing type “2x” for standard graphics.
- Fixed the issue with the amount of shells resetting when checkmarks are set in the “Service” window.
- Fixed some bugs with the missions window and the missions section in the after-battle statistics window.
Public Test Version 0.8.8 #2
- Fixed multiple errors and freezes in the new achievements window
- Fixed multiple errors occurring in the combat missions window
- Fixed severe performance drawdown in the combat missions window
- Fixed some bugs in the special battles window
- Fixed some bugs in the company battles window
- Removed the ability to jump (flight glitch) when driving in some vehicles
- Fixed some bugs in rendering of the new base flags
- Fixed the display of shadows (under the tanks) in the hangar
- Applied fixes for the balancer (not included in the first test patch 0.8.8)
- Fixed the problem with game client "crashes" that appeared in the first Test 0.8.8
- Fixed inability to start a battle on some tanks
- Fixed an issue with participation in random battle types (Assault and Encounter battle) which is turned off
- Fixed several mistakes in Sound settings interface
- In a Service window, the issue with gold shells purchase switching after displaying cogwheel "Updating modules" was fixed
- Fixed impossibility of switching to Service window by clicking on shells icons after leaving platoon, tank company or special battle
- Fixed the absence of color identification of platoon-mates on the loading map screen
- Fixed symbol "doubling" issue in chat after their detachment
- Fix a cogwheel displaying in several cases instead of Battle results screen
- Sound of Object 140's gunshot was fixed
- Increased terrain crossing capacity for E-75 on soft and medium terrain
- Low performance on "Silent Coast" map was fixed
- Fixed several problems with icons in Store and Depot displaying
- Removed the color changes in the British desert camouflage
- Fixed the damage model of the Superpershing tank (widened the reinforced line of the front armor hull front plate)
- Fixed some tanks’ names and icon visualizations in the loading screen errors
- Fixed freezes of the garage with many vehicles
- Fixed some errors of the visual model of Т-44-122 and Type 64
- Fixed some errors of the Swamp, Karelia, Airfield, Tundra maps
- Returned old logic of ammo slider box functioning in the Service window
- Changed the calculation formula of global rating
- Fixed the omission of the pop-up window for acquiring Elite status of a vehicle.
Public Test Version 0.8.8 #1
These notes do not include every change that will appear with the 8.8 Update. A more comprehensive list of specific changes will be made available prior to the release of the 8.8 Update.
- New Map: Tundra, a rocky Soviet-inspired map
- Serene Coast returns
- Komarin returns
- Swamp returns
- Added Encounter mode for Mountain Pass
New Soviet Medium Tanks
- А-43: tier VI (will be a continuation of T-34)
- А-44: tier VII
- Object 416: tier VIII
- Object 140: tier X (temporarily will be a continuation of T-54)
New German Vehicles
- Heavy tank Durchbruchswagen 2: tier IV
- Medium tank VK 30.02 (M): tier VI
German Tank Changes
- Tank VK 30.01(H) transferred from tier VI to tier V and from medium to heavy
- Tank VK 36.01(H) transferred from medium to heavy
New Chinese Premium Vehicles*
- Medium tank Т-34-3: tier VIII
- Heavy tank 112: tier VIII
- Chinese light tank Type-64: tier VI
- Japanese medium tank Type 3 Chi-Nu Kai: tier V
- Soviet medium tank Т-44-85: tier VII
- Soviet medium tank Т-44-122: tier VII
*Vehicles are only available to Super Testers
- Rebalanced the T26E4 SuperPershing tank. If already in the Garage before the 8.8 Update, players can sell the tank back for the full Gold value. The updated tank has been added to the Store
- For Chinese tanks, the penetration of the HEAT shell of the Po-471 122mm guns has been changed from 300mm to 250mm
- Changed the engine characteristics of the following German vehicles: Е-50, E-75, Jagdpanther, Jagdpanther II, Jagdtiger, Panther II, Panther, Tiger, Tiger II, VK 28.01
- Increased the damage but decreased rate of fire, for Soviet 100mm guns: LB-1, D-10Т, D-10С, LB-1С
- Corrected some errors with the E-100, SU-76b visual models
- Significantly expanded the functionality of Missions. An interface with descriptions and current Mission status has been added to the client
- Added protection against the accidental selling of tanks
- Significantly improved the quality of FXAA anti-aliasing
- Completely reworked the statistics and achievement page. Changed the way players’ global rating is calculated
- Added new voice-overs for each nation’s crews. A crew of a particular nation speaks in their native language. Can be switched on in the Settings menu
- Fixed some problems with matchmaker which appeared in 8.6 and were not addressed in version 8.7
- When enhanced torsion is mounted (all types) the damage to the tank chassis is reduced, as well as the damage of the tank itself when ramming or falling
- When ones team is defeated and you get one of the Battle Hero, Epic, or Platoon achievements, players will get х1.5 Credits and XP (as if they were on the winning team)
- Multiple fixes and improvements applied to the Battle Tutorial
- Changed the rules for determining who caused ramming damage to team mates. The faster moving tank is now responsible
- Implemented an option to move the crew members in and out of a damaged tank
- Implemented new option to switch on inversion while reverse maneuvering: now when reversing and pressing the button to turn in a certain direction your tank will move in the indicated direct, and not the opposite
- Spall liners now reduce the chance of crew damage: light - 20%, medium - 25%, heavy - 30%, super heavy - 50%
- Settings for main/reserve in the Garage are now stored on the server and not within the client
- Autoaiming can now be disabled without moving the reticle off of the locked tank
- Changed the models of flags and flagpoles for all maps
- Added the ability to scroll the list of the enemy team members in the "Personal Score" tab in the battle results statistics window
- Added automatic shooting when one presses and holds the fire button
- Added a warning for incorrect characters when entering a password for the login window
- Removed the Dismiss option from the menu that appears when right-clicking a crewman's portrait in the Garage
- Detailed description for activated and passive consumables have been added
- A link to "Recover Password” has been added to the login window when entering an invalid password
- Reworked some special effects
- Fixed some bugs in the after battle statistics window
- Improved the logic of closing the interface windows by pressing "Esc" button
- Added new type of visual effects for cumulative projectile ricochets
- Changed the logic of the "sliders" in the Service window