In honor of the first use of the M4 Sherman Medium Tank in battle on December 6th, 1942, we are holding another “All Star” event for the M4 Sherman. For this All Star event, we ask the players to use only the American M4 Sherman Medium tank.
We are also changing the rules a little starting with this All Star event. From previous feedback, players mentioned they would like to see the possibility of using a premium tank for these events. Therefore, for this event, we are also allowing players to use the Soviet Premium tier V Matilda tank. There will be two categories:
- All Star Standard
- All Star Premium
There will be 3 winners for each, with the following prizes:
- 1st place: 8000
- 2nd place: 6000
- 3rd place: 4000
Here are the rules for this event (rules are for both categories):
- Stay alive!
- Only NA server players can participate in this event
- Submit your best battle to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “M4 Sherman All Star” or “Matilda All Star” as the subject
- Only one battle can be submitted
- Add your game name in the email
- You may participate in only one category; you cannot win twice.
We will need 2 screenshots for this event:
- One screenshot of the end battle window with the amount of tanks destroyed and damaged.
- One screenshot of the garage with the end game pop up showing the achievements (do NOT crop the small pop up, we need to verify also the game name).
- Show the MVP points calculations and total in your email.
- Add your game name in the email.
- Add these as MVP points:
- Destroyed tanks: 2 MVP points
- Damaged tanks: 2 MVP points
- Spotted tanks: 1 MVP point
- Defender: 3 MVP points
- Invader: 3 MVP points
- Scout: 3 MVP points
- Sniper: 3 MVP points
- Top Gun: 3 MVP points
- Confederate: 3 MVP points
This event starts on December 2nd at 12:01 AM PST and ends December 6th at 11:59PM PST time (8:01 AM Friday UTC - 7:59 AM Wednesday UTC).
Please be sure to do all your battles and send in your submission between these two times. Only random battles allowed.
Why did we change the points rewarded for “Destroyed” and “Damaged”?
We felt that after reviewing submissions, the previous point rewards focused too much on waiting to get the “killing blow” on tanks, rather than encouraging play that is team-friendly. This new point format more closely resembles what being an All Star means: excelling as an individual in team-based competition, contributing to your team’s success above all else.