Season: The period when Ranked Battles are available. Each separate season may differ in rewards and regulations.
Stage: Each season is divided into stages lasting a certain amount of time. At the end of a stage, the Season Leaders results are saved and all ranks are reset.
Personal Rank: An element of progression in a stage. Ranks are associated with accounts in general: they are not tied to vehicles used to earn them.
Vehicle Rank: An element of progression in a stage. Vehicle ranks become available after gaining the highest personal rank, and their number is not limited. Each vehicle rank is tied to a specific vehicle that keeps its own unique progression.
Chevron: A step towards earning the next rank. Chevrons can be earned, retained, or lost based on battle results. The number of chevrons between personal/vehicle ranks may differ.
Reducible Rank: A rank that can be lost by the player, demoting them to a lower rank, upon losing a chevron.
Irreducible Rank: A rank assigned to the player that cannot be lost in the current stage, even upon losing a chevron.
Rank Points: A set number of points received for each type of rank earned. The sum between ranks determines a player's position in the Season Leaders (rating leaderboard). The number of points received may vary according to the specific personal/vehicle rank.
Bonds: A new in-game currency. Bonds are used to purchase Improved Equipment and Directives. The better the stage and season results, the greater the amount of Bonds earned. Bonds can't be acquired for Credits or Gold.
Improved Equipment: Identical in effect to Standard equipment, but with enhanced properties. Improved Equipment does not have classes; i.e., it fits all vehicle types if the equivalent Standard equipment can be mounted on the selected vehicle. Improved Equipment is available in all battle modes.
Directives: Consumables that enhance mounted equipment (both Standard and Improved) or provide an additional bonus to trained skills and perks (or grant a fully trained skill/perk for one battle). Directives are mounted into a special slot and effective for one battle. There are two types of Directives: Equipment Directives and Crew Directives.
- Equipment Directives: Provide an additional bonus to mounted equipment.
- Crew Directives: Provide an additional bonus to a trained (up to any level) skill/perk, or grant a fully trained skill/perk in case the crew has not yet trained it.
Badge: A new element of customization received upon entering one of the Season Leaders leagues. The badge can be displayed next to a player's nickname in all battle modes. It is also displayed on the battle loading screen, team list screen (Tab key), in-battle results, and next to a player's nickname in the Garage.
Season Leaders: A rating leaderboard where Ranked Battle participants are ordered according to their Rank Points and other performance parameters. To secure a position in Season Leaders, players must earn the required number of points for each given stage, throughout the season. A player's position in Season Leaders is determined by the sum of points earned in the season.
League: The Season Leaders' leaderboard features three leagues reflecting the degrees of players' battle performance.
Ceasefire: An interval during the day when Ranked Battles is unavailable for the current server.
Crate with Rewards: A container holding several items rewards obtainable once opened.
Prime Time: A daily interval when Ranked Battles mode is available on specific servers.
Effectiveness: Ratio of battles where a chevron was received to the number of Ranked Battles fought throughout a season.
Ranked Battle Calendar: Displays the duration of stages and Prime Times on servers.
Base Experience: Experience earned in battle, excluding bonuses from Premium account time, clan and Personal Reserves. It is displayed in the "Team Score" tab of the battle results screen.
- The Second Beta Season begins September 18
- A tier X vehicle is required to participate
- Select “Ranked Battles” mode from the “Battle Modes” menu in the Garage
- Ranked Battles only take place during Prime Time:
- Monday-Friday: 17:00-22:00 PT (20:00-01:00 ET)
- Saturday-Sunday: 16:00-22:00 PT (19:00-01:00 ET)
- Ranked Battles take place during separate seasons
- Battles are 15v15 "Standard Battles" format
- Battles last 15 minutes
- Victory conditions: destroy all enemy vehicles or capture the enemy base
- Matchmaking is identical to Random battles, but the matchmaker attempts to assemble teams with players of similar ranks
- Available maps: Karelia, Malinovka, Himmelsdorf, Prokhorovka, Ensk, Lakeville, Mines, Murovanka, Erlenberg, Siegfried Line, Abbey, Swamp, Westfield, Sand River, El Halluf, Airfield, Fjords, Fisherman's Bay, Arctic Region, Highway, Serene Coast, Tundra, Paris, Windstorm
- Platoons unavailable
- Economics are identical to Random battles
- The Second Beta Season will last for 21 days, split into three stages
- Each stage lasts seven days, Monday to Sunday:
- Stage 1: Sept. 18, 23:00 PT (02:00 ET) – Sept. 25, 23:00 PT (02:00 ET)
- Stage 2: Sept. 25, 23:00 PT (02:00 ET) – Oct. 2, 23:00 PT (02:00 ET)
- Stage 3: Oct. 2, 23:00 PT (02:00 ET) – Oct. 9, 23:00 PT (02:00 ET)
- A full battle schedule will be available in the World of Tanks game client.
- The top 10 players on the winning team by base Experience earned receive a chevron. The remaining five players retain it
- The top five players of the losing team by base Experience earned retain a chevron, the remaining 10 players lose it
- In the event of a draw, both teams are considered defeated
- If several players earned the same XP, all of them receive a chevron if at least one of them is among the top 10 players on the winning team
- If several players earned the same XP, all of them retain a chevron if at least one of them is among the top five players of the losing team
- In the event of an unsuccessful performance (no XP earned) a chevron is lost regardless of battle results
- There are five personal ranks available
- Ranks I and V are irreducible
- Number of chevrons required to earn the next personal rank in the Second Beta Season:
- Rank I: 1 chevron
- Rank II: 3 chevrons
- Rank III: 5 chevrons
- Rank IV: 7 chevrons
- Rank V: 9 chevrons
- Vehicle ranks become available once the player attains Rank V
- The number of vehicle ranks is not limited to each vehicle throughout a stage
- Each vehicle rank is tied to a specific vehicle that keeps its own unique progression
- Vehicle ranks are irreducible in the season
- Five chevrons are required to earn the next vehicle rank in this Beta Season
- The matchmaker attempts to assemble teams of players with the same personal rank. If this is unachievable, the scope of ranks fit for selection is widened
- Teams will always comprise the same number of players with different ranks
- The matchmaker does not count vehicle ranks when assembling teams
- If the matchmaker fails to assemble teams in 5 minutes, a Ranked Battle is not created and players go back to the Garage
- 1 Rank Point is received for each promotion to the next personal rank
- 1 Rank Point is received for each promotion to the next vehicle rank
- Only the first promotions to distinct personal ranks/vehicle ranks grant points; no Rank Points are received for subsequent promotions to the same rank
- A player’s position on the Season Leaders ranking is determined by the sum of points earned in the season
- In the event two or more players share the same number of points, the following season parameters are compared sequentially:
- Average damage caused in the battle mode
- Average Experience earned in the battle mode (including Premium Account bonus)
- Average damage caused with a player’s assistance
- In case all five parameters coincide with each other, players join the league of the one who occupies the highest position
- The Season Leaders leaderboard becomes available on Sept. 18, 17:00 UTC
- If fewer than 10 players enter the Season Leaders leaderboard, the rating will not be created
- The leaderboard is updated several times per day
- To hold a position in Season Leaders, players must accumulate the required number of points throughout the season.
- The required number of points is specific to each given stage:
- Stage 1: 4 points
- Stage 2: 8 points
- Stage 3: 12 points
- Season Leaders are split into four leagues:
- League I: First 10% of players
- League II: Next 15% of players
- League III: Next 25% of players
- Players who did not enter any of the season leagues
Personal Rank Rewards
- Rank I: 50,000 Credits, 3x Manual Fire Extinguisher, 3x Small First Aid Kit, and 3x Small Repair Kit
- Rank II: 100,000 Credits, 5x Personal Reserves for +100% Crew XP (2 hours), 5x Personal Reserves: +200% Free XP (2 hours), 3x Automatic Fire Extinguisher, 3x Large First Aid Kit, and 3x Large Repair Kit
- Rank III: 200,000 Credits, 5x Personal Reserves: +50% XP (2 hours), 3x Automatic Fire Extinguisher, 3x Large First Aid Kit, and 3x Large Repair Kit
- Rank IV: 300,000 Credits, 5x Personal Reserves: +50% Credits (2 hours), 5x Automatic Fire Extinguisher, 5x Large First Aid Kit, and 5x Large Repair Kit
- Rank V: 1 day Premium time, 1x Garage slot, 400,000 Credits, 5x Automatic Fire Extinguisher, 5x Large First Aid Kit, and 5x Large Repair Kit
The rewards received are for earning each rank for the first time in a stage.
“Reward for Commitment” Mission Rewards:
- 50,000 Credits, 1x Automatic Fire Extinguisher, 1x Large First Aid Kit, and 1x Large Repair Kit
The mission can be completed three times per day in Ranked Battles only. To complete the mission, be among the top 10 players on your team by Experience earned in 10 battles.
Vehicle Rank Rewards during Stages:
- Stage 1: 5x Manual Fire Extinguisher, 5x Small First Aid Kit, and 5x Small Repair Kit
- Stage 2: 75,000 Credits, 3x Manual Fire Extinguisher, 3x Small First Aid Kit, and 3x Small Repair Kit
- Stage 3: 100,000 Credits, 3x Manual Fire Extinguisher, 3x Small First Aid Kits, and 3x Small Repair Kit
Highest Personal Rank Rewards during a Stage
To receive these rewards, log in to the game client no later than 30 days after the end of a stage.
- Rank 1: 100 Bonds and random reward crate
- Rank 2: 300 Bonds and random reward crate
- Rank 3: 500 Bonds and random reward crate
- Rank 4: 700 Bonds and random reward crate
- Rank 5: 1000 Bonds and random reward crate
Rewards are received at the end of a stage. Crates with random rewards may contain:
- Personal Reserves
- Premium Account time
- Garage slot(s)
Season rewards will be received in 10 days after the end of season, upon excluding players who violated Game Rules from the list of recipients.
To receive rewards, log in to the game client no later than 180 days after the end of the Second Beta Season.
Rewards differ depending on the league players entered in Season Leaders:
- League I: 4,750 Bonds, a “Gold, Second Beta Season” badge and a crate with rewards: 7 Days Premium time, 2,000 Gold, 10x Personal Reserves: +50% Credits (2 hours)
- League II: 2,250 Bonds, a “Silver, Second Beta Season” badge and a crate with rewards: 7 Days Premium time, 1,000 Gold, 5x Personal Reserves: +50% Credits (2 hours)
- League III: 750 Bonds, a “Bronze, Second Beta Season” badge and a crate with rewards: 1 Day Premium time, 1x Garage slot, 500 Gold, 5x Personal Reserves: +50% Credits (2 hours)
In the event of violating points 4.07 or 4.08 of the Game Rules, using prohibited modifications, or other major violations, players will be excluded from the list of prize recipients during and at the end of the Second Beta Season.