Developed in August 1941 at the Construction Bureau of Plant No. 37 under the supervision of N. A. Astrov. The vehicle came into service in September 1941. The vehicle was mass-produced until February 1943. A total of 5,920 vehicles were manufactured. The vehicle saw service before the end of the war.
The technical characteristics shown are for the Siege mode
Characteristics are specified for a vehicle with crew members trained to 100%.