Development was started in 1921. The vehicle entered service in 1934. A total of 403 tanks were manufactured at Renault, FCM, Schneider, FAHM, and AMX factories. The vehicle was upgraded numerous times. Despite the outdated configuration, this tank earned a reputation as an invincible vehicle with reliable armor in battles against German troops from May through June 1940.
The technical characteristics shown are for the Siege mode
Characteristics are specified for a vehicle with crew members trained to 100%.