The monthly Challenge has returned for January with two Monte Cassino tournaments. These tournaments will pit teams of five against each other for a chance at up to 10,800 gold per team member.
The Challenges are separated into two: the Monte Cassino Ante meridiem Challenge and the Monte Cassino Post meridiem Challenge.
The rules are the same; they simply take place at different times of the day to allow as many tankers as possible the chance to participate. The “Ante meridiem Challenge” is optimal for players in Korea, Japan, Singapore, Taiwan, and the majority of Oceania, while the “Post meridiem Challenge” is optimal for players in North and South America.
You can discuss Challenges on the forum, and be sure to take a look at all of the rules. We’ve included them below as well!
Tier & Point Limits
A team must field a selection of tanks based on the below tier limits. Teams are also limited to a maximum total of 31 tier points.
- Heavy tank - 7
- Medium tank - 7
- Tank Destroyer - 7
- Light tank - 5
- SPG - 5
The full schedule will be provided at the close of registration, once the final team count has been determined.
- Round 1: January 9, 2012
- Additional rounds to be determined on January 7, 2012
If you aren't sure what time the rounds begin in your time zone, use this time zone converter.
The following prizes will be provided to each member of the respective team, including reserves.
- First place: 9,000 gold
- Second place: 4,500 gold
- Third place: 2,700 gold
- Fourth place: 1,800 gold
If the first place team is able to win the Challenge without losing a single battle, each member will receive an additional 1,800 gold.
There will only be one map used during the Monte Cassino Ante meridiem Challenge. The map played on for the Challenge will be Abbey.
- All participants must log in to World of Tanks at least once before being able to register for the tournament
- There is no maximum number of teams; all teams that fit the registration criteria may participate
- A team must have at least 5, and no more than 8 members to be eligible for acceptance in the tournament
Standard Tournament Settings
- Game Mode: 5-vs.-5
- Team Size: 8; 5 participants and 3 reserve players
- Substitutions: Players may be substituted freely between battles within a round, but must be on the roster as of the start of the tournament
- Victory conditions: The first team to win 2 battles will be the winner and will be qualified to continue onto the next round
- Battle duration: Each battle will last a maximum of 10 minutes; if there is not a winner within the time limit, the battle will be considered a draw
- Intentional draws: If a team captain suspects intentional draws to prevent both teams from advancing, a dispute may be filed
- Round must last at least 8 battles before this particular dispute will be considered
- Breaks: There will be a 3 minute break between battles within a round
- Off Days: Except where otherwise noted, there will be one off day between each round to allow for disputes and investigation of rule violations
- Schedule: The Challenge schedule will be created at the close of registration, once the final team count has been determined
- Restrictions: There are no restrictions placed on tanks, equipment, consumables or ammo aside from the specified tier limits for the Challenge
Variable Tournament Settings
The below settings may change with each individual Challenge and will be announced with the start of registration.
- Tier limits
Before the Round
- Players are recommended to be online 15 minutes before the start of the round
- 3 reserve players are an available option to replace team members that do not show up for the tournament
- If a team does not show up and ready for the battle by the scheduled time they will forfeit
- If a team cannot provide 5 players for the battle, they may still attempt to win the battle with what they have
During the Round
- In case of an in-game dispute, ensure that replays are being saved to your replays folder
- If replays are not enabled at the time of the disputable incident, take a screenshot so that it may be reviewed as part ofthe dispute process
Remakes & Server Issues
- If server issues arise, the battle will be rescheduled by the admin and the two teams will not be disqualified
- Rescheduled battles will take place during the next available off day, or immediately if no off day is available
- Disputes may only be filed by a team captain
- Once a dispute is filed, both involved team captains will be alerted of the dispute being received no later than 12 hours after dispute submission
- The dispute may be challenged, but a challenge must be submitted before the start of the following round
- Dispute resolution will be communicated with both involved team captains at least one hour prior to the start of thefollowing round
To submit a dispute, team captain must gather all information pertaining to the dispute and submit it via email to email@example.com with the subject title “Challenge Dispute” and must include:
- Name of the tournament the team is participating in
- Names of both teams involved in the round
- Reason for dispute: e.g. “I would like to report the team for using a tank that was not allowed, the StuG III.”
- A replay of the match(es) in question
- If a replay is not available, screenshots must be submitted of the leaderboard displaying both teams, as well as screenshotsof any disputed actions.
Other Warnings and Disqualifications
- Teams can receive a warning for unsportsmanlike conduct such as excessive use of foul language, griefing, racism, profanity,rude acts, vulgar acts, acts of belligerence, and disrespect of an official,streamer or caster.
- Teams can receive a warning for other reasons decided by the tournament administration.
- All warnings are first and final. A second warning for any other infraction of the ruleset is grounds for immediateremoval pending an investigation by the tournament administration.
- Teams can receive a disqualification if they intentionally use any prohibited bugs, exploits, hacks or are found to be utilizing unfair methods of competition by the tournament administration.
- The tournament administration may adjust these rules at any time at their discretion.