UPD. The test server will be unavailable on June 8 from 9:00 UTC till 10:00 UTC due to maintenance.
We are pleased to announce the 7.4 public test #2. The World of Tanks development team is pleased to give all of our players the opportunity to participate in the update 7.4 mass test. The update will be released in the near future, and we would like your feedback on the latest build.
During this test a special World of Tanks update v. 7.4 will be available for playing on test servers only. The estimated end date of 7.4 test is June 12, 2012. The public test server will restart every other day at 6:00 UTC, with a downtime of 25 minutes. The test server is currently set to have a player cap of 26,000. Once the cap is reached, players will be placed into a login queue. Please note that clans were not integrated into the test server; nevertheless, they operate as usual on the main server.
To participate in the test you need to do the following steps:
1. Download the test game client in a separate directory:
2. Run the game. The test #2 file will be installed automatically. Test #2 file will take 43 MB.
Attention! Please, install the test game client version in a different folder, other than the current game client version! Also switch off the game client before installing the update. Only players who have registered prior to 0:00 UTC May 28, 2012, can login the test server.
Please, keep mind certain special features of the public test server:
- Payments are not accepted on the public test server.
- Credit and experience rates for public test server are multiplied by 10. All players are given 15k gold for testing purposes.
- Progress won't be transferred to the main NA server.
We draw your attention to the fact that the test server is subject to EULA and general rules of World of Tanks game server. The restrictions and punishments are the same as on the official game server of World of Tanks. The details of the v.7.4 update public test can be discussed in a special forum section. Bugs related to the 7.4 public test should be posted in this special sub-forum.
List of changes of v7.4 test #2 changes as compared with v7.4 test #1:
Game Mechanics changes:
- Komarin and Swamp removed from Random rotation per many requests;
- Increased time of base capture in Encounter mode;
- Duration of battle in Attack mode reduced to 10 minutes;
- Reduced possibility of hitting crew with HE;
- Added automatical creditting of "Raseiniai Heroes Medal" to players, whose maximal frags in combat equal 15.
- Engine Maybach HL 234P50 removed from SPG Lorraine 155 50 and Lorraine 155 51;
- Changed parameters of engines of SPG AMX 105 AM;
UI and Graphics changes:
- Fixed the display of water for several graphics settings configurations;
- Reworked visual style of base markers and respawns on minimap;
- On loading and time remaining windows, added the notification of the combat mode;
- Parameters of premium TD FCM36 Pak40 returned to those in 7.3;
- Parameters of premium HT T34 returned to those in 7.3;
- Armoring of T-28 returned to parameters specified in 7.3;
- Added icons of nations for Expert and Technical Engineer medals by nation;
- Removed notification about the test special at entering garage;
- Added new logo of Wargaming.net to the login window;
- Ruinberg map optimized in productivity and memory consumption.
- Fixed the bug with red square in tank panel in garage;
- Fixed the reduced damage to vehicle suspension;
- Fixed small font of tabs in the battle statistics window;
- Fixed rare FPS lagging, seen in test#1;
- Fixed the position of guns in research of SPG S 35 CA;
- Fixed zero values for some armor places for T2 med and T-34-85;
- Fixed the voice message for "hot keys" (F2-F7), and the sound of marking a square on minimap;
- Fixed operation of Expert perk in howitzer mode in direct view range;
- Fixed the description of Sinai Lion medal;
- Fixed bugs with damaged models of Т20, M4A3E8;
- Fixed errors in module names of several French SPG;
- Fixed the description of engines of SPG AMX 13F3AM;
- Fixed the display of tank short name in achievements window;
- Fixed absence of ally icons on minimap at counting out the battle start;
- Fixed combat hint (F1);
- Fixed the name of achievement "Raseiniai Heroes Medal";
- Fixed the historical note about the achievement "Raseiniai Heroes Medal";
- Fixed the marking of guns in the tank info-window, activated from the context menu;
- Fixed gun angle of inclination of Tetrarch;
- Fixed several slight errors in new hints about the tank and modules;
- Fixed operation of mechanism of demounting consumables, incompatible with modules;
- Fixed the fallout of tank icon with maximal amount of battles in achievements;
- Fixed fallout of pop-up achievement hint;
- Fixed the tracks effect for SPG AMX AC mle 1946;
- Fixed negative values in terms of getting Leclerc's medal;
- Fixed occasional interruption of melody playing at the map loading;
- Fixed the display of required tanks for Expert medals in info-window achievement;
- Fixed hanged objects on Steppes map.
- Fixed several slight errors on new maps Widepark and Airfield.
Changes between 7.3 and 7.4, not provided before (because we had to test them first):
Game mechanics changes:
- Terrain and objects reworked to fit new game modes on El Halluf, Murovanka, Steppes, Ensk, Himmelsdorf, Ruinberg, Erlenberg, Prokhorovka, Westfield, Karelia, Malinovka, Sand River, Siegfried's Line.
UI and Graphics changes:
- Added the reaction of the program icon in Windows 7 tray for several in-game situations: battle start, invite receipt;
- Added forward/rewind to combat replay playing;
- Added new complaint point: Non-informative message";
- On minimap, the tank point changed to "tank arrow", pointing out the motion direction, and the "view triangle" now turns according to the camera rotation;
- On minimap, tank destruction is now marked with a slight tank marker flash;
- Changed light on Himmelsdorf map;
- Added the option of sending chat messages in a platoon.
- Added new hot keys for opening chat window: Enter - starts team chat, Ctrl+Enter - starts general chat, Shift+Enter - starts platoon chat.
- Fixed chat text highlight in battle start after countdown;
- Fixed damaged model of Tiger II (added gun-machine half-sphere and enlarged the transmission size to that of JadTiger);
- Reworked Expert medal receipt. This medal becomes dynamic and will "merge" once a new tank is added to the game.