UPD. The test server of the 7.1 update will be stopped at 1:00 PST (12:00 UTC), January 5th. The test server is not planned to start any time soon; its launch will be announced later.
The public test of version 7.1 has reached its second stage, with 7.1.2 becoming available today for testing. We've also moved the public test server to North America based on your feedback. This should hopefully provide a smoother gameplay experience for you when helping to test out all of the new content and balance changes.
Please remember that the public test server is subject to the EULA and general rules of World of Tanks. The restrictions and punishments are the same as on the official game servers of World of Tanks. Please post all 7.1 related feedback here and bugs here.
To participate in the 7.1 public test, you must download the 7.1 public test patch. It is recommended you create a new World of Tanks installation for the public test. For help with your installation, visit this thread.
1. Copy the current World of Tanks folder (must be updated with 7.0) to another place for running the test OR create a new World of Tanks installation for the public test.
2. Download the test #1 update of 7.1 here (209 Mb) and install it over the copied/new installation.
3. Download the test #2 update 7.1 (239 Mb) from here and install it over test #1 of update.
Your World of Tanks account must have been created on or before November 15, 2011 to be eligible for participation in this version of the public test.
Note: The English language localization is currently being tested and will be made available at a later time. For a temporary solution, please visit this thread.
While playing, please also keep in mind that:
Below are the notes for fixes between the first public test and this public test. You can view the 7.1 update notes here.
- Fixed bugs in tank camos: M26 Pershing, ARL-44, M3 Lee;
- Fixed bugs in tank models: AMX 50 120, T1 Cunningham, T34 (crash), Maus, Pz III (crash), T-46, Arl 44 (crash), Pz III, Churchill, KV-1S (crash);
- Fixed or reworked tank damage models: StuG III, Pz II Luchs, Pz B2 740 (f), BT-SV, T95, M5 Stuart, Churchill, M4 Sherman, Maus (inconsistent front hull penetration by HE rounds), Hotchkiss H35;
- Fixed reload indicator ‘freeze’;
- Fixed cluster indicator in login queuing notification (now visible);
- Fixed tank tier indicator displacement in team lists;
- Restored ‘tank in company battle’ indicator for company battles;
- Fixed voice chat animation for terminated chat connections;
- Fixed bugs in the mechanism for automatic cluster selection on login;
- Fixed a bug with inability to press "ready" once a tank company is in battle;
- Fixed a rare bug in random switching to “not ready” in company interface;
- Fixed incorrect message when mounting an ‘already in depot’ consumable;
- Fixed tank icons in team lists: AMX 50 120 and AMX 13 90;
- Removed from the store: "box" and "special edition" tanks;
- Fixed a rare bug with inability to close a pop-up modal message when changing graphics settings;
- Fixed some bugs in replays;
- Fixed a client crash when recording long battles;
- Fixed a display of 'attention to sector' message in chat from an ‘ignore’ player;
- Reconfigured parameters of all French tanks;
- Reconfigured some parameters of tanks with multi-round gun mechanisms;
- Fixed incorrect gunshot effects: JagdPz IV 7,5 cm StuK 42 L/70gun, PzVI Tiger 8,8 cm KwK 43 L/71 gun, PzIV Ausf G 7,5 cm KwK 42 L/70 gun;
- Reworked battle menu popping on pressing "Esc" key;
- Fixed an inaccurate description of French consumables;
- Added a “background” image for a number of remaining rounds;
- Fixed incorrect display of available resolutions when switching from a full screen to window mode;
- Changed garage voice tracks;
- Fixed a sharp change in transparency of trees when moving in sniper mode;
- Fixed errors in names of French Tank Tree modules;
- Reduced ‘end of session’ interval when switching from cluster to cluster;
- Fixed short hand names for E-series tanks;
- Fixed non-functional interface when switching between tanks in service window;
- Fixed voice chat malfunction;
- Changed interface location of Tech Tree research branches for French MTs and HTs;
- Fixed side hull armour for T95;
- Fixed errors in historical information on AMX 12t and Renault FT;
- Fixed client crash when selling modules from depot;
- Removed from the store unused French TT and ‘special edition’ tank modules;
- Corrected research cost of the 25mm Canon Raccourci Mle.1934 gun for French tank D1;
- Changed battle level for some French tanks;
- Maximum battle level for "Type 59" increased by 1;
- Maximum battle level for Tier 4 and Tier 5 SPGs decreased by 1;
- Fixed sorting filters in barracks when working with the French;
- Fixed the PzKpfw 38H735 (f) short hand name;
- Removed a short tank name from user’s nickname in an indicator above a tank;
- Fixed incorrect around-the-centre turn for the top AMX 50 100 suspension;
- Displayed AMX 50 frontal hull armour set to 170mm;
- Reworked additional qualifications for French loaders in tanks with multi-round gun mechanisms;
- Contact list removed from player’s battle log;
- Fixed "Fjords" mini map;
- Standardized short hand names for French tanks;
- Added a message notifying that a gold camo will be destroyed if changed;
- Fixed mixed-up French shoulder straps.