UPD. The test server of update 7.2 will be stopped at 5:00 UTC, March 22 (22:00 PDT, March 21). Please, follow the news updates for more information about the test.
UPD. 19 March, starting from 20:00 UTC until 20:30 UTC (13:00-13:30 PDT) the World of Tanks test server will be unavailable due to maintenance. Maintenance is required for the balancer irregular operating adjustment: sometimes low tier tanks entered battles with high tier tanks. If you face such cases with wrong balancing after this maintenance, please respond in this forum thread, proving screenshot provided.
The World of Tanks development team gives all players the opportunity to partake in the update 7.2 mass test. The update will be released the near future, and we want to get your feedback on the latest build. During this test a special World of Tanks update v. 7.2 will be available for playing on test servers only. The estimated end date of the second test is March 20, 2012.
Please note that the public test server will go through restart once in two days at 01:00 UTC, starting from March 17 (i.e. at 15:00 PDT, March 16), and will last for 25-45 minutes. In order to make your game experience more efficient we limited the number of gamers on the server. As a result you could be placed on the waiting list each time we reach 26.000 players in battle.
Attention! Please, install the test game client version in a different folder, other than the current game client version! Also switch off the game client before installing the update. Only players who have registered prior to 21:00 UTC, March 2, 2012, can login the test server. To participate in the test you need to do the following steps:
1. Download the test game client in a separate directory:
2. Run the game. The game client launcher will be updated with test #2 update files wot_72.444_72.374_client.patch and wot_72.147152_content_en.patch automatically. Both files score 34 Mb in total.
Please, keep in mind certain special features of the public test server:
- Players' database was compiled similarly to the first test of 7.2 update, when the system selected an account randomly out of several, registered on several servers per a single email. We'd like to draw your attention to the fact that developers are aware of the login issue, caused by rarely used accounts being selected for the test, and will do their best to escape this case in future testing.
- Payments are not accepted on the mass test server.
- Credit and experience rates for public test server are multiplied by 10. All players are given 15,000 gold for testing purposes.
- Progress won't be transferred to the main NA server.
- We draw your attention to the fact that the test server is subject to EULA and general rules of World of Tanks game server. The restrictions and punishments are the same as on the official game server of World of Tanks. The details of the v.7.2 update public test can be discussed in a special forum thread. The discussion of failures and bugs of test update 7.2 is carried out in special sub-forums only.
If you face some lagging of FPS or graphics, please install a hotfix to the update 7.2 test #2 game client. This hotfix is due to set right the following elements:
- Tank lagging or bouncing
- FPS jumping
- Graphics issues: red triangles, blurring text on the login window, and etc.
Instruction on the hotfix install:
- Download the hotfix here.
- Extract the hotfix to the folder with installed test client 0.7.2_test2.
- Launch WorldofTanks.exe from the test #2 client folder.
- When in game, please, pay attention to the issues, mentioned above: tank bouncing, FPS crashes, and etc. We kindly ask you to provide your feedback on hotfix effect in this forum thread.
If you want to restore original test2 client files, please do the following steps:
- Download the restoring update here.
- Extract the update to the folder with the test2 game client. The update should be installed only to the version "7.2. Common Test".
List of changes between mass test #1 and test #2 of the 7.2 update:
- Parameters of American TDs rebalanced after the first test.
- Parameters of American tanks Т34, Т30, М103 and T110E5 rebalanced after the first test.
- Added turning around for M18 Hellcat and T25/2.
- Removed "Improved Ventilation" equipment from American TD Т25/2.
- Fixed errors in armor of M103 (front armor) and T110E5 (front armor and gun mask).
- Fixed depiction of Lowe's tank name.
- Fixed typo in the system notification about the camouflage expiration.
- Reduced durability of suspension medium part in AMX 13 90, AMX M4 1945, and BDR G1B.
- Fixed division titles in tank company menu filter.
- Fixed game client hang up when all tanks are sold.
- Added a hint to a crew member's Personal File: how many skills are available for research, and experience remains in percents.
- Fixed destroyed model of TD T28 Prototype.
- Removed "Improved Ventilation" equipment from TD FCM 36Pak40.
- Fixed gradient disappearance of shooting at snow effect.
- Fixed disappearance of multiple effects at distance over 100 meters.
- Fixed display of a hint technical line shown in the tank carousel.
- Fixed model of damaged suspension of VK4502A.
- Fixed high exposure of wind on tank exhaust effect.
- Fixed the opportunity to select notation text in dialogue windows.
- Premium SPG LeFH 18 B2 moved from tier 2 to tier 4.
- Fixed description of "Last Ditch Attempt" perk.
- Fixed errors in damaged model of TD Т95.
- Fixed several errors in crew training.
- Fixed suspension model of Pz V Panther.
- Fixed animation of "plus" icons in crew slots shown in garage.
- Fixed occasional discrepancy in "Attention in square!" marker size with the square size on minimap.
- Removed rendering of penetration markers at damage with HE shells.
- Fixed rare game client failure occuring due to archiving implemented with 7.1.1 update.
- Fixed wrong display of several tank module parameters in interface.
- V-2K engine cost reduced to 23,050 credits.
- Fixed absense of nickname highlighting in team list when the vehicle is destroyed.
- Fixed issues with indestructible objects on several maps.
- Fixed displacement of central reticle cross in "Crosses II" mode.
- Fixed discrepancy in text input field size in general chat window.
- Fixed cutting of "D" letter in garage tab titles.
- Fixed junction of message text with side scrolling in platoon window.
- Fixed availability of skill reset interface when a vehicle is blocked.
- Fixed the option of tank selling, with equipment demounting with gold when there is no gold on account.
- Fixed T95 elite status acquire when all modules are researched.
- Fixed tank title cutting in the map loading window.
- Fixed blurring and grain effect of messages in battle chat.
- Fixed inability to repeatedly change anisotropic filtration in graphics settings.
- Tank markers. Fixed absence of team icon color differentiation in battle.
- Tank markers. Fixed settings of color blind mode.
- Tank markers. Fixed team killer depiction.
- Tank markers. Fixed highlighting of a teammate in platoon.
- Tank markers. Added darkening to destroyed tank nicknames.
- Fixed achievements display in player's statistics.
- Returned team table depiction at pressing TAB key.
- Fixed position of engine emission for TD M18 Hellcat.
- Fixed model of suspension damage for TD ISU-152.
- Fixed the bug when a crew member received preferments at skills reset and retrain.
- Fixed capital letters depiction in names of TDs and SPGs in tank hint shown in garage.
- "Demountable" equipment renamed to "Complex" in all interface elements.
- Returned "Research" button for elite tanks.
- Clarified Halonen's medal description.
- Fixed voice chat type display for training room.
- Removed unused shell types from store.
- Changed gun prices for 5cm KwK 38 L/42, 5cm KwK 39 L/60, and 5cm PaK 39 L/60.
- Changed visual model of Т32's second turret.
- Fixed absence of scrolling in pop-up list of nations filter in barracks.
- Removed several unused folders and files.