About the Common Test Server
The Common Test client server has a test version of your Wargaming account, meaning that all the vehicles purchased and the research that you have completed will be the same. But don't forget these key points:
- Though your login details are the same, your test account is still completely separate from your normal account. Achievements and research that you complete on the test client will not be carried over to your normal play account
- Real money transactions are not possible on the test server and payments will not be accepted
- All test accounts will receive a one-time payment of:
- Depending on the aims of the test, Credits and Experience rates may not be increased
The test server is subject to the same EULA and general rules as the World of Tanks game server. This means that you still need to play nice, or you will be subject to the same consequences as on the regular, "production" game servers.
Installing and playing in the Common Test is virtually the same as installing the "regular" World of Tanks. To participate in the test, you need to take the following steps:
Install the Common Test client, found here
Update World of Tanks via the launcher (total download depends on the update, but is more than 8 GB)
If you have already installed the Common Test game client, the launcher will update to the new version automatically
If you previously installed the Test client and are having problems updating or starting, we recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the Test client.
Once you have logged into the test client, you are free to play as much or as little as you want. We encourage you to try out all the new features and see what you can do!
Once you have been playing for a while, please let us know your feedback by posting in the dedicated forum threads. The appropriate links will be provided in the respective announcement. Wargaming community managers will collect feedback and report to the development team after the test period.
What makes good feedback? Here's some examples of things you can bring up:
- Any bugs or glitches that you have found in the game. Got stuck in the scenery? Game crashes when you do a certain action? Tell us all about it!
- Honest feedback about vehicles and game mechanics. If you think something doesn't function well, then please tell us
- Feedback isn't just about being negative! Anything you particularly like? Do you love the new stats for a vehicle? If the developers get a sense of what the community likes, it can allow them to focus on other improvements
In order to make the test experience more efficient, it may be necessary to limit the number of players on the test server. If the server is full when you log in, you'll be placed into a queue.
In addition, each periphery (server) of the Common Test will be restarted regularly according to the following schedule:
- First Periphery: Every EVEN day of the month. Average duration will be around 25 minutes
- Second Periphery: Every ODD day of the month. Average duration will be around 25 minutes
- Central Database: Every day. Average duration will be around 2 or 3 minutes
- The test server may also be subject to unscheduled restarts and maintenance.
Finally, the Common Test is also updated a few times each test period to address collected feedback or add other new features. Keep an eye on the Common Test article(s) and the forum for details on new iterations!