A 155-mm SPG on the chassis of the M41 light tank. Developed from 1947 through 1951. Multiple faults were revealed after the vehicle entered service, and the M44 was withdrawn from mass production in favor of other SPGs. According to different sources, between 250 and 600 were manufactured from 1953 through 1954.
Characteristics are specified for a vehicle with crew members trained to 100%.