The A10 Cruiser Mk. II was a further development of the A9 modification. The A10 had enhanced armor and no machinegun turrets. A prototype was built in July 1937 and adopted for service as a heavy cruiser tank. A total of 175 vehicles were ordered between 1938–1939, which were manufactured by September 1940. The vehicles saw combat in France (1940), Greece (1941) and North Africa (1941).
Characteristics are specified for a vehicle with crew members trained to 100%.