With the release of the 8.6 Update, a new gameplay feature has been introduced: Missions. Beginning July 1, 2013 we will enable this feature on the North American cluster. Here is your first Mission as well as a detailed description of what precisely Missions are:
Repeatable Mission: Hat Trick
Mission Starts: 04:30 PDT (07:30 EDT) July 1, 2013
Mission Ends: 04:00 PDT (07:00 EDT) July 4, 2013
- Destroy Three or more tanks in a single battle
- 100 XP multiplied by the tier of the tank used to complete the mission (100 XP* tier)
- 5,000 multiplied by the tier of the tank used to complete the mission (5,000* tier)
What Are Missions?
Missions challenge you with objectives beyond simply winning a battle. They are intended to supplement a play session with options beyond doing your daily experience doubles.
Missions currently come in three flavors:
- Repeatable – Repeatable Missions can be completed an unlimited number of times while the Mission is active.
- Daily – Daily Missions can only be completed once per day while the Mission is active.
- One-Time – One-Time Missions can only be completed once per account while the Mission is active.
Here are a few example Missions to give you an idea of what you can expect in July.
Repeatable Mission: First Class
- Place first in damage dealt on your team
- 20% bonus experience for the battle
- 30% bonus credits for the battle
Daily Mission: Potluck Picnic
- Destroy one vehicle from each nation, across any number of battles
- One of each nation-specific consumable
One-Time Mission: Medium Well
- Destroy 20 Medium Tanks of Tier IV or higher
In the future we will expand the Missions system to include an in-game UI, as well as new Mission types. While we do not currently have a set date for this expansion, we wanted to give you a preview of some of the new Missions in the works:
- Weekly: Weekly Missions can be completed once per week, but allow you more than a single day to complete the objectives. These Missions will typically be more challenging than Dailies.
- Operations: Operations are meta-Missions that will require you to complete a set of themed Missions. Imagine a set of Daily Missions themed around D-Day, that all must be completed to earn the reward from something called Operation Overlord.
As always, we're very much looking for your feedback on these new game events. Tell us what you find interesting about the Mission system, what you'd like to see in future Missions for both objectives and rewards, and what you might like to see in the Mission UI when it becomes available. Happy hunting!