Update 9.16 Now Available!
Game client modifications (mods) are widespread tools allowing players to adjust the standard game interface any way they prefer. The WoT development team monitors mods that are popular among players and incorporates the best features into the game. Including popularity, we consider other criteria when incorporating mod features, like gameplay usefulness. Introducing popular external modifications can only improve the game interface and make it more convenient for the players.
In Update 9.16, several popular modifications will be added to the standard interface: the damage panel, a two-row vehicle selector, and extended fire direction indicators.
In-battle information can have a great impact on the outcome of a battle. The more information a player has, the higher their chance for victory, including being able to choose the most appropriate strategy in continuously changing battle scenarios. Players receive most information in battle from what's in front of them: the distribution of vehicles on the map, nearby skirmishes, activity on the minimap, and so on.
Changes Implemented in Update 9.16
In the new update, we've improved the battle interface by adding information about the events that happen during a battle, and extending the fire direction indicators. The following panels will be added to the game:
- Reworked fire direction indicators with information about the amount of received damage, critical damage to modules, and the vehicle that fired the shot.
- Damage panel:
- Shows total damage caused by the player to spotted vehicles, including damage caused with shots, by ramming or setting enemies on fire
- Damage blocked by armor: displayed the calculated average damage of the shot that hit the vehicle. Damage blocked by external modules (tracks, observation device, etc.) is not considered
- Assistance damage, which is dealt after spotting, or when destroying a track
- A list of in-game events in battle: base captures/defenses, enemy detections, etc.
Displaying additional information can be configured in the game settings: just open the new "Feedback" tab and set your preferences. You can select "standard" or "advanced" fire direction indicators, configure the information displayed in the damage panel, and enable the display of battle events.
You'll see the "Feedback" tab with the release of the above features in 9.16.